Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

86 ski

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
wsc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 86 ski
    Posted: November-18-2010 at 12:49am
I need to fix the usual cracks in gel on sides mostly on lh side. I had someone do it 2 seasons ago and the came back he refixed and the it came back again worse. Yes I know that I probally have other problems. What I need is where do I locate the gel the previous repairer does not return calls. The boat is 86 and hul base color is white. The rh side has no cracks but blistered in the mid section. I am just looking to clean it up for now.
WSC
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2010 at 1:26am
Mini-Craft of Florida can help you with the Gel. Google it. You first need to wet sand to the orginal color before you try to match the gel coat.

Your stringers are probably bad and causing the cracks. JMO.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2010 at 2:08am
Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

Mini-Craft of Florida can help you with the Gel. Google it. You first need to wet sand to the orginal color before you try to match the gel coat.

take probably out of that statement
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2010 at 8:27am
Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

I agree with the stringer issue. It's the cause in 99% of hull side gel cracking.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2010 at 4:08pm
Yes welcome to CCF! Doing another gel repair is a waste of time and money until the stringers are replaced. It will just keep getting worse until you address the cause of the problem.
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
wsc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2010 at 11:08pm
Thanks for the info
WSC
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2010 at 12:51am
Originally posted by wsc wsc wrote:

Thanks for the info

Ignorance...or in some cases, denial....is bliss
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic