NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

11 years ago...

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 11 years ago...
    Posted: December-06-2010 at 2:58pm
Okie, Bit late to the party..Happy Birthday to your Son. I have a daughter who was born 11 yrs ago earlier this year, certainly know what you mean, seemed like yesterday she was learning to walk, talk, ride a bike and whatnot. Enjoying every moment (well almost, LOL) cause they all go by in a flash.

We start out changing their diapers and before you know it they are changing ours!
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2010 at 1:25am
Reading this post makes me think of my son. He sure loves to go boating and skiing. He is in the Marines and has not been home in a year and a half. He is the one who took my avatar picture the day before he left for Quantico.
Time sure does fly by enjoy the time you have together.
Eric-you are right. It is a hassle sometimes to make all the kid's events, but those memories stay with you and the kids forever.
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2010 at 11:17pm
Indmar? How could he?
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2010 at 11:14pm
Cool! time does fly! My son just went up to Memphis to Indmar training school he is 24. Kids are Gods greatest Gift! Keep em close and keep em busy!
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2010 at 11:00pm
I missed this post but congrats to your family. My stepson just turned 10 last week. It was just over 5 years ago that he came into my life and what a great thing. Since then I have done all kinds of things with him, but the boat gets him fired up more than anything else. Watching him learn to kneeboard this summer and get pumped to go ride gave me such a thrill. Seeing the joy in his face is better than anything in the world.

"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
Okie Boarder View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2010 at 3:42pm
Thanks all for the birthday wishes and great thoughts!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2010 at 2:35am
sometimes eric you really hit the nail on the head...

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2010 at 9:31am
is there a manual for raising kids? nah, not really, kids dont recognize how rich or how poor you are, I would say I myself had a troubled youth because of the lack of a father figure, but recognized what it takes to be a good father....just last night my wife said my son Aidens holiday concert is tonight at 6:15, its a 45 minute drive home, shower, rush, rush and easily all the stress could be avioded by not going. I remember what is like not having a father there. But you guys said it all. it is a treasure and to see the look on the boys face tonight when I'll be sitting in the audience, you cant put a price tag on that
"the things you own will start to own you"
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2010 at 1:37am
Originally posted by harddock harddock wrote:

Originally posted by Okie Boarder Okie Boarder wrote:

Having and raising kids is one of life's greatest treasures.

+1

Having a CC is another. Raising kids on a CC...Priceless.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2010 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by Okie Boarder Okie Boarder wrote:

Having and raising kids is one of life's greatest treasures.

+1
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2010 at 11:42pm
Okie- congrats and happy birthday to your son! I don't have any kids and that's just fine for now because I basically still am one but my parents always remark how fast my teen years and first few years of my 20s have gone by. Enjoy the next 10 years. I know I have a ton of memories from when I was 11 until now with my parents.

Without getting too serious the next few years of your sons life can really change who he is. I know that part of what kept me out of trouble as a kid was my dad having me around the boat and working on it. And now I work on them "professionally"
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
Okie Boarder View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2010 at 2:13pm
My wife and I were blessed with our first son. It is amazing to me how fast time is flying by and how I can still remember every little detail from his birth. Having and raising kids is one of life's greatest treasures.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic