Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Teleflex HM, Bow Light lense Glove Box CUDA

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
zosom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zosom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Teleflex HM, Bow Light lense Glove Box CUDA
    Posted: February-03-2011 at 4:05pm
Hello,
I am looking for a couple of things. I have a 71 Barracuda. Does anyone have the old Teleflex Hour Meter? I have the original, however, it does not work properly. I had seen in another post contact information for Pat Powell who apparently could fix them, but the contact info is invalid? Any other places that can refurbish this type of gauge?

Second, the bow light lense needs replaced. I might have to take a picture of it, as it does not look anything like some of the ones I have seen on pictures on this site? Rather small in comparison.

Lastly, my glove box broke. I have the cover, but the black insert cracked and I need to replace it. Anyone have one, or a place that I can get just the insert to go in the dash? Thanks for any information.

Jacob
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2011 at 4:26pm
Pictures would help.

Which glove box do you have? Ive seen both aluminum faced ones and black plastic ones. I dont know if theyre compatible, but the black one is a generic Attwood and is available from West Marine and other supply houses.

If period correct, your bow light should be the small domed style used on the '69-72 boats. They are pretty flimsy, but pop up on ebay from time to time. Perko also makes a replacement that looks very similar- I believe the model number is 0972. That one is available from most marine supply houses as well.

The original bow light on my '71 Skier:
zosom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zosom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2011 at 4:31pm
That looks about right. I just need the lense. I will take a look at the replacement part you listed. Glove box is the aluminum door. I need to probably measure the dimensions and just see how they would work with a new box and replace the door if possible. Thanks.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2011 at 5:04pm
Its just a guess, but its possible the boxes are the same and just have different doors. For $40, it may be worth it to buy a new box and see if you can get your old door attached to it.

I dont think youre going to find just the lens you need. Perko sells a replacement lens for the 0972 but it wont fit your housing quite right... you'd have to replace the whole thing.
nautiquefanatic View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquefanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2011 at 11:08am
I think I have one of the ALUMINUM door Glove boxes Complete, let me see IF I can find it. Have a LOT of the original black plastic ones.

I will look and re-post.

PC
zosom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zosom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2011 at 7:01pm
Ok, Thanks for looking
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic