Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wakesurfing ballast setup for a 2001?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
soupbone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soupbone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wakesurfing ballast setup for a 2001?
    Posted: February-16-2011 at 5:28am
I purchase an 87 2001 over the winter. It appears that there is plenty of info. about ballast for wakeboarding, but not much on wakesurf ballast setups... Maybe I am not digging deep enough through the keywords, but I can't find much at all.

I purchased a Grind Water Shaka 5' 2" board and I am just not sure at all what size ballast to buy and placement. Ideally, I would like to stay as close to the legal weight limit as possible.

The main lake where I ride can get crowded and choppy in the summer. It would be nice to be able to put the wakeboards up and surf a bit. Are the 2001's a boat the you can surf behind without 1200lbs of ballast?

Any wake pics. or suggestions would really be appreciated?
63CCSN View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63CCSN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2011 at 2:57pm
I don't know. But I am also interested in the answer as well and just wanted to put some activity on your post to keep it on the radar.

Anyone know... how much ballast?

Thanks!
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2011 at 4:43pm
well..I can add about my experience but in a no wake hull(1990-1996)..but the 2001 is different...

I´m in the outlaw side, and way over the capacity plate.
I´m putting a big 750lb sac in the rear between doghouse and rear seat. and the 1 or 2 600lb sacs, depending how much passengers i have in the boat on the side wich the rider goes...
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2011 at 6:54pm
Try this.

Surf info

I caught the surf bug last year too. It is definitely great for public waters on weekends when the lake is white capping.
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
soupbone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soupbone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2011 at 9:12pm
That link is exactly the kind of info. that I was looking for.

Thanks!
TRIP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2011 at 12:32am
soupbone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soupbone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2011 at 1:09am
Thanks so much for the links!

Looks like I may need to order a set of the V-Drive 400lb. sac's that are 16x16x42 and arange them accordingly. Maybe get a fat brick as well.

Should be good for wakeboarding as well.
dress View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2011 at 11:54pm
There is no girl in the world who does not want to be a stunning bride on the wedding day. If you are the bride to be, surely you are no exception. To some extent, a perfect cheap Mon Cheri evening gowns
can help to achieve that. So you must be careful to choose a best bridal gown for you. Actually, picking a modest pink evening gowns
is not an easy thing, because there are so many modest short evening dresses
available in the bridal market. However, things will be easier if you consider a line style.
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2011 at 11:32am
Wow. That's great information. Thanks! I think I'll click on all those links now.   
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
Thaddeus116 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thaddeus116 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2015 at 3:27pm
This is an old thread... but I'll leave this in here in case anyone is still interested in the topic. I have a whole separate thread on surfing a 2001 and ballast set ups. Here's the link!

Ski Nautique 2001 Surf Gate and Ballast Setup
86 Ski Nautique 2001
ACME 542
PCM 351
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic