NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

$4 gas... question?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 345
Author
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2011 at 1:25am
Since my boat runs great now, and I have a great job, I will burn gas in the boat even at 5 dollars a gallon. As it sounds, the $5 mark will be in full effect by the heat of boating season. My weekends and time off are worth far more than anything else. I have noticed that taking slow cruises will really extend a tank of gas.

And yes, record profits for big oil are here already. Why at 110 a barrel are they at around 4 dollars a gallon when the last time gas prices were this high a barrel was a good 30-40 dollars higher? That's a great question. Big oil knows why, and it should not have anything to do with the dems in power as they are opposed to big oil getting richer.

I'm taking the bike tomorrow and Thursday to work. At the current rate of gas prices I save like 7 bucks a day by riding the motorcycle than taking my car.
78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
GT40P heads Edelbrock Performer intake acme 4 blade
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/horkn/fish/nautique.jpg
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2011 at 12:54am
Originally posted by hasbeenskier hasbeenskier wrote:

Try running a fleet of HD2500 service trucks avg. 150. milea a day.
bj

If your fuel is taxed like it is in Pa all I can say is OUCH!!!
$4.25+ in Pa mostly road tax.
hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2011 at 12:16am
Try running a fleet of HD2500 service trucks avg. 150. milea a day.
bj
hasbeenskier
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2011 at 11:34pm
I guess I am too die hard to give it much thought. I will put hours on my boats, period. At 4 bucks a gallon not as many tankfuls, just longer slower cruises. Boat dr
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2011 at 11:22pm
This is why my wife and I both drive diesels and I make my own Bio-diesel. It costs me a little less than a buck a gallon to make and the money we save goes in the boats.
If I lived in the south I would do the veggie conversion, thats even cheaper than making the bio.
sethro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sethro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2011 at 11:05pm
The most painful part to me is realizing that the last 10 miles I just drove in my truck cost me $4.00 or $3.75 or whatever the price per gallon might be...in gas alone.

As to your orignial question...I've decided it's something I will never fully understand.   
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2011 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

I dont seem to hear people screaming as loudly this time?

You know the answer to that Steve.The ones who bring it up are keeping quite because they are the ones in favor of the current management.

On a completly different subject,I'm thinking of putting a 4 or a 6 in my boat

I was wondering how the big "D" and"R" battle enters in..
......must make a difference on who's in "charge"?   

and I do like my 6 banger in times like this! I'm like Chris, might not be able to get out as often, but will still get out!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2011 at 9:43pm
They got the gas & we want to burn it. I'd say they got us over a $110 barrel.

I'd ride a bike, in the rain, for a month, just to save enough gas money to go skiing for an hour - it's that much fun to me.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2011 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

I dont seem to hear people screaming as loudly this time?

You know the answer to that Steve.The ones who bring it up are keeping quite because they are the ones in favor of the current management.

On a completly different subject,I'm thinking of putting a 4 or a 6 in my boat
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2011 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Steve, It's funny you should mention this as it seemed to be the topic of discussion today around the shop......

...... It goes up $.15 in an 8 hour period when the price is up. I'm sure the opposite is true right?

You got that right Tim! I dont seem to hear people screaming as loudly this time? Are we just getting used to it?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2011 at 8:08pm
Steve, It's funny you should mention this as it seemed to be the topic of discussion today around the shop. I'd bet my last gallon of gas that the oil companies will post RECORD Breaking Profits AGAIN!

On a positive note for the day Oil was down $3 a barrel which I'm sure we will all see an immediate decrease in the price of gas. It goes up $.15 in an 8 hour period when the price is up. I'm sure the opposite is true right?
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2011 at 7:50pm
As gas is rapidly approaching the $4/gallon mark, I have a question...

....the last time gas was $4/gallon (2008?), from what I remember, oil was in the $140 to $150/barrel price.

Today it is in the $110/barrel range.... whats up with that?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 345
  Share Topic