NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

well here we go

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
adiocassette View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adiocassette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: well here we go
    Posted: April-17-2011 at 10:00pm
okay im aware im gonna get so much **** over this, but i can admit when i do something stupid,so over the winter months i was rebuilding my 78 ski nautique with a 351w. that being said, the boat is pretty much done, the starter that was originally on the boat wouldnt work, so i put on an automotive starter, I KNOW I KNOW, the doghouse is off the boat and i did it just to check everything over before i could get a new starter, well my boat turned over but wouldnt start, just to affirm how much of an idiot i am, i need a reverse rotation starter dont i?
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2011 at 10:03pm
Umm... yes you do!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adiocassette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2011 at 10:35pm
What I really wanted to know is if I did any damage by starting it with the wrong rotation starter?
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2011 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by adiocassette adiocassette wrote:

What I really wanted to know is if I did any damage by starting it with the wrong rotation starter?

Jeremy,
No, no damage except for your image. My compliments to you for admitting the mistake! You haven't been spending enough time reading at CCfan!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adiocassette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2011 at 11:07pm
Ill agree to not reading enough. That's what impatience gets you. Any advice on where to replace the starter? Skidim?
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2011 at 11:15pm
Jeremy - If you still have the original starter, it can be rebuilt cheaper than buying new.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adiocassette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2011 at 12:05am
unfortunately i don't, ( slamming head into wall) could someone tell me if this is the correct starter i need? thanks for all the help https://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=ARC70201
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2011 at 2:29pm

unfortunately i don't, ( slamming head into wall) could someone tell me if this is the correct starter i need? thanks for all the help https://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=ARC70201

Link for RH Starter

Yup, that's most likely it. Worth calling them just to make sure. CCF used to have a discount with them. Not sure if we do any more but they offer it with some of the other forums. I think they even say you don't have to be a member to use some of the other codes. Worth asking about with a big ticket item.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2011 at 2:36pm
eBasicpower also sells a conventional CCW (RH) starter for a few bucks cheaper. Ive heard good things about the PMGR (permanant magnet gear reduction) starters like SkiDIM is selling, but I believe it will also require a minor wiring change to use it, as the new style starter has its own dedicated relay. Just something to keep in mind.

Edit: there are some listed on ebay for even less.
skister72 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skister72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2011 at 4:37pm
i put an apco on mine. does great and they are pretty good about replacing them if something is to go wrong with them
1975 ski nautique
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2011 at 7:49pm
Call Boat Dr, My CorrectCraftParts.com, he saved me a bundle on my alternator and he'll for sure know what you need.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adiocassette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2011 at 10:17pm
thanks for all the help guys, cw is for reverse rotation and ccw is standard correct? just getting ready to order and a starter and i've done enough damage for a while
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2011 at 11:29am

thanks for all the help guys, cw is for reverse rotation and ccw is standard correct? just getting ready to order and a starter and i've done enough damage for a while

No, you have that backwards.

CCW = RH = reverse rotation
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic