NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1992 PCM Fuel Filter

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
1993R View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1993R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1992 PCM Fuel Filter
    Posted: July-27-2005 at 6:43pm
I have a 92 with the standard PCM powerplant. I have recently had problems with the fuel delivery and was wanting to clean/replace the fuel filter. I have drained the water/fuel seperator but cannot locate the fuel filter. I know that Holley carbs have a screen on the inside where the fuel line attaches. Anybody know where the fuel filter is? Thanks....
marks View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2005 at 9:37pm
Is your water seperator a big orange can mounted just to the side of the engine on the stringer? If so, it is also your fuel filter. The body of the can unscrews like an oil filter. There is a replaceable filter element inside. You can order a replacement from SKIDIM. It is a Fram long filter. Sometimes the can is really difficult to unscrew. I find it easier to remove the fuel lines and unbolt the whole thing from the mounting bracket. Then I can get at it with some big wrenches.

1993R View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1993R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2005 at 10:19pm
Thanks,
That's what I'll do. I tried getting it off with a strap wrench but it did not budge.
munday View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote munday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2005 at 12:15pm
Go to FRAM web site,dealer near you.
Bought new filter for my 92sn for less than 10 dollars. ccs1136 is what your looking for.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic