NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Added New Dash Ground to 93 with Pics

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
Author
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2012 at 12:21am
I figured I would add a few new pictures to this thread. I replaced the cross thing I made above with a more proper ground bus.

I chose a dual circuit bus, because it was lower profile than some of the other bus strips. I made it into one, by wiring the two sides together.

I also added a positive to the input side of my ignition dash breaker button. This perked up my horn a bit, and made my Perfect Pass able to start up with the blower on.
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2011 at 2:45pm
I'm a Apple person so no windows, I'm sure I can find something if I look.

I'm getting the volts from the guage on the dash, 13.5 if I remember. There's still some drop, the new alternator is putting out 14.5 at the battery. I haven't checked to see what's changed with all the new wiring. I do know that there isn't any drop between any of the batteries and the amps, I was a little worried because I moved 2 of them to the other side of the boat. I haven't even started the motor so I don't know if anything has changed at the dash, but it shouldn't have.   Once I get done with the detailing this weekend I'll figure out how to post up my wiring diagram for the batteries, there's not much to see, I tried to make everything stealth and hidden so pictures wouldn't help much. I'm not the best with electrical stuff, but I'm learning, I was very glad that evrything didn't burn to the ground when in hit the switch the first time.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2011 at 1:50pm
Thanks Kap
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2011 at 1:26pm
I just did the ground. My local west marine only had 8' rolls of 10gauge red, so I figured rather than butt connecting two together, I would wait until I could get a 15' piece and do it right. I also ordered a new Ignition breaker from Nautiqueparts, as the old one was a little suspect, but I'm still waiting to get it in the mail. So, I figured I'd do that together, I have to pick up some more terminal connectors as well.

Everything works about 80% better with just the new ground, but the blower does still slow down a little bit when you turn the key to on. I cleaned up/re-insulated and re-connected a lot of the connections under there that looked suspect too, and that helped things as well.

I'd be curious to see pictures of your stereo/dual battery install; sounds cool. Are you using the PerfectPass itself to test voltage at the dash?

I actually just used Microsoft Paint that comes with Windows to add those little text boxes. There's a tool that looks like a "A" and you can draw a little box in the picture then write in there. You have the option of the white background, or just putting the words right on the picture. I used the white background so it would stand out. You can also use Paint to cut down the image sizes. That's why I was using it, then I discovered the text box thing.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2011 at 1:17pm
Nice!! this is the help I was needing to do it in my nautique

Nice pictures!!
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2011 at 1:06pm
Did you just do the ground only?    I like the explanation written on the pictures, what did you use to do that? How many volts did you pick up at the dash?

I added a 2 batterys, 2 switches a ground bus for the batterries and a voltage sensing relay last weekend. I'm sick of wiring, but the stereo will run for many hours now and that is making the detailing process much easier.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2011 at 11:15am
Thanks Joel! It was definitely nice to have the Perfect Pass working reliably all weekend too.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2011 at 10:57am
Nice work. I like the idea of running it to the engine rather than right to the battery. Slick!
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2011 at 1:47am
Hi All, this weekend I added a new dash ground to my 93 Ski Nautique. It helped my gauges read more accurately and my Perfect Pass works reliably now.

I figured I'd take some pictures, because this one of those projects that everyone mentions doing and it sounds easy enough, but sometimes it's good to see the details.

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
  Share Topic