Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SJRR 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 17>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2012 at 11:03pm
Good Stuff Tim I never actually have seen one of them there Manatess glad to know they do really exist.

I don’t own a working camera these days but I was cajoled into bringing out the phone a few times and a few people texted some pics to me so I will post what I have..
A well equipped 83 SN

Chris (storm24) and Whitney hanging at the local watering hole

Short Video of said local watering hole trip

Stacy, Tim, Kimmie, Miss Scarlet, Reidp

Alicia, Tim, Curtis.. but I was really trying to get a picture of the guy in the back that Reid was chatting up.. someone did a much better job though..

Thursday afternoons DJ – Whitney

Curtis, Alicia, Whitney, and Melissa – Reids Shrimptique and the 83

The girls posing.. Alicia, Whitney, Melissa

John Murphy (Jmurph) and the Shrimp Tique

John Morrow (Nautique John) and Jeff Swedish with Curtis’s Barefoot and Miss Scarlet

Tim (Morfoot),Kimmie,Stacey, and Miss Scarlet

Laurie, Boaty (I think), Jim Bragg, Tim Benjamin, Chris Mars, JMurph

The North Carolina Caravan

1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2012 at 10:38pm
Hey Fan's, I'm finally making it to the computer and on the site after a long drive home yesterday, putting Miss Scarlett to bed after a long extended weekend, then myself, and dragging my tired arse to work today. Many thanks to all those involved to make it happen. Billy touched on allot of them and I want to throw in a few more.

Bill Yeargin for coming out Fri night to have dinner, speak, and make the rounds talking to us. Maybe next year you'll be able to come enjoy the day with us as just a fellow Correct Craft owner.

Mr. Ralph for taking his time to share with us his wonderful stories of history of a company that we all here have come to love and appreciate.

The Meloon family for getting Mr. Ralph there, setting up the pavilion for him to share his history, and hanging round afterwords for dinner with the CCFans.

Thanks Fans for another great SJRR and I think our first time attendees got a eye opening, wonderful, jaw dropping experience and realize why this particular gathering is talked about so often here on the site and brought up months before it happens. I over heard a few of them say that they WILL be back and it WILL become a yearly event for them as well. When I talked to the folks at Parramores to thank them for everything they did for us they responded with "Glad y'all came back and we already have several of you make bookings for next year."

I've said it over 2000 times here on the site with my signature line and it truly sums it up....

"CCFan......It's not just about the Correct Craft boats we drive; but the owners who drive them!"

I really don't need to say much more as I'll let the pictures themselves do the talking of what goes on at........

"The St. Johns River Run!"

THURSDAY......

FRIDAY....

Picked up "Salty's" son Patrick for the ride back so took the time for a 'lil' driver instruction.

As we came thru the channel "Gateway" a fisherman pointed out that there were some Manatees over to the left so we went to investigate!

Just a small crowd for "Buck & Kats" catered dinner.

Art Cozier & Bill Yeargin having dinner with the boatdr & Boat Nurse

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2012 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

These girls cleaned up at the raffle.

I remember those girls.. they got so excited about winning the raffles they got right down to celebrating with thier new florida friend!

1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2012 at 6:58pm
What an awesome event! Thanks again to everyone for making us Iowa folks feel right at home.

Here are a few pics I was able to upload to facebook from my phone. I'll have to get the girls to send me all the pics they took since I was way too busy having fun. Too many great memories to list, great to see everyone and meet new CCFans!

Started out the trip at the Pinkham's place on beautiful Lake Norman.

Boats in the water and ready for a week on the river.

Tim and Jeff's barefoot run (I have video of this I'll have to upload)

A fellow Iowan cruising the river. Not a CC, but a beautiful boat.

These girls cleaned up at the raffle.
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2012 at 4:17pm
Got home at 6:00 PM yesterday. I just wanted to thank everyone for being so nice to my father. He and I had a blast.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2012 at 4:09pm
We are home.....What a great time had by all..

Thanks to the following...
Race City Marine
Nautiques of Orlando
CorrectCraftParts/ Karen / My wife
The Boat Dr.
for the help in putting this event on the calender.

There are several more that need mention here...

Tim Morefoot
Lil' Sue Pallmer
Ralph Pallmer
Sweet
Cindy Todd
Lester Todd
Art Cozier
And all I forgot..

To all that helped and all that came.....

WE ENJOYED THE WEEK..........Billy/Karen
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2012 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by lakedog55 lakedog55 wrote:

Just a question but who ended up with my mask?
Take good care of it, maybe I will see it next year
Mike

I got it... I probably could have left it with someone more local but none were around at that very moment... send me a mailing address and I will send it back.. everyone getting a view of the spring and getting to swim down under the logs was completely worth the cost of postage!
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2012 at 10:01am
Looks like y'all had a great time. Thanks for the pics guys!

Sure hope the economy picks up again over here, so we can save some money to come over next year...

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2012 at 6:20am
Home and already back at work tonight. Had a great time seeing everyone, new and old friends. A big thanks to Billy and Karen, Tim, and everyone else that helped to make this great event happen.

Wanted to thank Bret, Eddie, Lester, and Billy for the rides and/or the drives in their boats.

Cabin was booked for next year before I left. Pics to follow as I came home from the airport, napped then went to work.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2012 at 3:31am
Salty

Rob

road trip partners

AdamT crew..twins..14 years old!

my new favorite crew..salty triplets!

the lovely and very cool Ms. Salty

more coming later!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2012 at 3:18am
Wow...what a awesome time.

Kinda hard to know what to say about the friends..food..weather..

So many highlites;

Eddie smilin' as his AM Barefoot Skier was 'drooled over' by everyone

Driving Salty's boat...at idle for miles and miles and miles...

Fried turkey

riding out to the Springs on Sunday with Tim and Eddie

scored a new prop..thanx Reid

seeing a skinny hasbeen...and his beautiful Barefooter...got dibs when he wants to sell!

watching the clock in our trailer with MorFoot..inside story.

seeing old friends...making new ones

best I can say is...one of these near your town...don't miss it!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2012 at 1:18am

Hey Dave, Was great to meet you and the Family! Show the boys, this was the rest of the patient. Hope to see you all again.
Js
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2012 at 1:13am
Great Pics Bret! We had an excellent time and hope to see you and the others again!
Good Luck with the baby!
Js
lakedog55 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lakedog55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2012 at 12:43am
Just a question but who ended up with my mask?
Take good care of it, maybe I will see it next year
Mike
Lakedog55
lakedog55 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lakedog55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2012 at 12:40am
Hi Guys,
Had a great time. The experience far exceeded my expectations, Its nice to know people love their boats as much as love mine. Blew my fuel pump on boat, radiator on truck, didn't show up for drawing(had the prop), chances of missing next year slim.
Thanks for the great time,
Next year I would like to be more help.
Lakedog55
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by bhectus bhectus wrote:

Keith, you should find a way to put a "Nominate for 2013 Calendar" button on any image file uploaded. That way you'll know exactly where this one is in November!

Thanks for the pics guys, keep 'em coming! Looks like a great time.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 11:28pm
Chris Mars driving Reidp's killer Mustang:

(TRBenj) Tim Benjamin checking out Adamt's (Adam Taylor)'73 Skier:

Stacey & I with Billy, Karen, and Art:

The raffle after Saturday night's dinner!

JoeinNY provided the music:

See you all next year!!! We'll have an addition to the family by then....
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 10:19pm
Mr. Art Cozier and the factory's original first-year Ski Nautique. Thanks Art for the great history lesson, it was a true pleasure speaking with you!

The hardest working couple I know that puts an enormous amount of time each year to make this event happen: Boat dr (Billy) and his wonderful wife Karen (Boatnurse) Thanks so much!!!

We took over the docks at Hontoon Island and enjoyed a great lunch thanks to Ralph Pallmer and his wife:

Another big thanks to (Morfoot) Tim Morfoot, for putting in a lot of hard work on this event also, and the creator of our great event music CD!

Halston & Jenn's Sweet76!
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 10:12pm
Stacey & I had a wonderful time and shared some great memories with everyone. Last year's only regret was only coming up for the day on Saturday. This year was 4 days of fun in the sun with great friends! I'm definitely sore today from riding 4 days in a row but it was so worth it.
Here's some of the pics from the weekend.

Trip to the Silver Glen on Friday:

(Sweet77) Halston & his better half Jenn:

The Godfather (Dave Hendricks) w/family in "The One", a most awesome Mustang:

(Lakedog55) Mike Croft

'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 10:07pm
I'm in Orlando int got a 2 1/2 hour delay no problem as I had a great timme meeting up with you all
Next year its someone els turn to be Skeeter Bait pictures to follow if my leg don't drop of first big thanks to karen fixing my leg and still running the show
Great time and memoreys
Cheers Roger
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 9:08pm
Wow!! Thanks to everyone for the fun. You are all most gracious. A couple hundies later and the rental car is in motion again. Thanks for all the help with that fiasco too. Les and Cindy Todd were big help today as I got the car going and the family stayed with them. Awesome people!! We all had a blast.

Bill
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 8:56pm
I am in the Charlotte airport heading north.. trying to figure out if they will check the 83SN for free or if I am going to need to pay an upcharge.

It was a great time as always, thanks to the organizers and everyone who came out and had some fun.

Sunday was a bad day for cables.. I lost a throttle cable myself, no major harm except Bill (fanofccfan) had his footing run cut short. Hope he and the family are back on the road... rental cars were also cursed this trip out.. two flats and one set of keys that walked or swam away. Minor inconviences that will soon be forgotten, unlike the good times that were had. I have a couple of pictures on the cell phone that I will post if I figure out how to get them from here.. but I think we are gonna need to wait for bhectus, Morfoot and Jbear as those are the guys I remember seeing with cameras the most.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 8:46pm

I spoke to the man and said thank you for your blessing
for my safety of my boat each time I go out...

The One
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
rosconole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosconole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 8:31pm
I was thinking riding home last night (after the raccoon running on the roof while eating dinner) good thing that cable didnt break in one of those bends in the river...That would have been a mighty good fish story or turned out like a james bond movie in the trees!

Another good year. Maybe a mini poker run to spice up the river run next year..pick up cards at different spots...I'll load up some pics I posted on FB.
1989 ski nautique ,1991 barefoot nautique, 1993 Mustang Cobra 1998 5.0 Magazine shootout invitee
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 8:19pm

Thank you to all,

My group of family and friends had a blast !!

And a big thank you to Donald when my steering cable broke
at the dock...

Just a great four days.

Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 5:11pm
Sitting at the airport waiting for the flight home. Lots of great times with old friends and new friends. A special thanks to Jbear, backfoot100, and morfoot for the rides and the shelter. The turkey Backfoot made saturday night was worth the trip by itself. Everything else was a bonus. I think this was my 8th cc event, and i'm yet to be disappointed. What an incredible group of people. Pics to follow. Hope to see a lot of you in Nashville
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 5:08pm
I learned that we really suck at flying, but we made it to Florida and back in one piece- so mission accomplished!

What a great weekend, we had a blast. It was great seeing old friends and new ones alike! Thanks to everyone for lugging us around, putting us up, sharing provisions and pulling us skiing. Im exhausted and sunburnt and wearing it proudly.
Salty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 1:08pm
Great time again guys!!! Hated to leave yesterday but had to get the boys back for school today.

Hope those that stayed had a great time at the Glen on Sunday.

Already reserved Eagles Nest for next year - building memories for my boys. Hopefully they will be showing their skiing skills and with the help from JBear, Curtis, John and Jeff we can get all three up footin!!!

May have to drop a 383 into the Southwind and name it "Three Footer"!!
Salty

2018 GS22 with Z4
2008 Ski Nautique 206 w/Factory Tower, EX343 SOLD
1978 Southwind 18 w/GM305, upgraded 4 barrel intake & carb, all original - vinyl & carpet, etc.

[URL=http://s328.photobucket.com
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 11:26am
Fun to see the docks taken over by CCs. Nice to see that Madd Marxx made it. Looking forward to more pictures and stories.
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 3:10am

-Adam

1973 Skier
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 17>
  Share Topic