Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wakesurf Help

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
JasonR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wakesurf Help
    Posted: August-06-2011 at 5:23pm
Decided to try out wakesurfing after doing it behind a new Ski Centeriun. I have a 86 2001 with a 750lb sac on the starboard side, 450 in the back and another 450 on the port. I'm 230lbs. Still can't get the wake to clean up enough to go without a rope. I did get it once but the board was almost ontop of the ski platform. The rooster is washing out the wake in the pocket and landing on my board. I'm using a CWB Tsunami but will be trading it back in for a CWB Ride because I think it is too small.

I have tried all configuration of weight distribution including puting a 450lb bag in the bow. I'm interested in input on this. I'm going back and forth if this is worth it or not. Once I get all of the weight in the boat is useless other than for wakesurfing. Let me know what you think. thanks jason.
'86 2001 800hrs
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2011 at 5:39pm
I think it's pretty dangerous in that boat.    Others have done this, however.

I also think being 230 doesn't help. If you were 175, probably would be fine.

That said, if you want to lengthen the pocket, you need to get some weight up front. The idea idea is to get the whole boat on its side, not just the back half of the boat. Sacks may be difficult with that closed bow. You may need to use weights, or some othe form of lead.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

JasonR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2011 at 5:44pm
Yea I know what you mean. Seeing it sit that low in the water coming back around to pick me up over its own wake is not comforting.
'86 2001 800hrs
soupbone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soupbone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2011 at 5:03am
It's really difficult to surf behind the 2001. You have to run way too much weight considering how low our boats sit anyway. It makes driving the boat very difficult trying to avoid taking on water, and your asking for a ticket...

I haven't ridden the CWB ride yet, but I'm 225 and I love my grindwater shaka FWIW. It's 5'2" and is a good all around board for large and small wakes.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2011 at 11:50am
put both the 450s in the back on the surfside, put the 750 along the side on the surfside, no weight opposite except the driver. My buddy dan is pushing 280 on a good day and even with my relatively little green loogy he is able to make some ropeless run time.

Try not to die, it is a lot of weight in a little boat..
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic