Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1971 Mustang parts needed

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
wwchevy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wwchevy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1971 Mustang parts needed
    Posted: September-02-2011 at 3:08pm
I just bought a 1971 Mustang and am looking for a few odds and ends for it. I was hoping someone here would have the parts or know where I can get them. Any help would be appreciated.

1.) Cleat (rope guide) for the bow
2.) Teak (Mahogay) step on the side- I have one for a pattern if I can't find the another
3.) Motor Box Hinges
4.) Glove Box

Please let me know.
Thanks, Wes
wwchevy
1989 Barefoot Nautique
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2011 at 4:16pm
what does the glove box look like? I have one taht came out of a 1969 southwind. might have the hinges as well.

wwchevy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wwchevy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2011 at 10:14pm
There is a rectangular hole under the dash on the passenger side that I assume is the glove box?? The hole dimensions are 12" X 4 1/2". I have attached photos of the other parts I need too, the cleat (rope guide) and the teak step that I need.
Let me now if the glove box fits.
Thanks.
wwchevy
1989 Barefoot Nautique
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2011 at 10:22pm
Rope guides are easy,here you go-
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
wwchevy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wwchevy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2011 at 3:27pm
Thanks Gary,
I ordered 4 of the bow chocks- great price. I checked out your boats diary, you have done a masterful job of restoring it. I am especially impressed with the trailer- since mine's in such rough shape. Holman Moody & Mustang is a Killer combination.
Thanks for the help.
Wes
wwchevy
1989 Barefoot Nautique
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2011 at 8:20pm
Stainless motor box hinges are also available from various online marine parts suppliers.

For the Teak, check your local yellow pages for Exotic Hardwood Suppliers.

Bills glove box should be a perfect fit, as well as his hinges.
wwchevy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wwchevy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2011 at 9:55pm
Alan, Thanks I appreciate the help.

Bill, let me know about the glove box and Hinges I am definitely interested.
wwchevy
1989 Barefoot Nautique
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2011 at 2:47am
they are available. make me an offer and let me know where you want them shipped. i could try to get a picture if you need one. send me a email.

bill
wwchevy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wwchevy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2011 at 10:36am
Bill,
I have no idea what the glove box and hinges are worth???? How about $100.00 plus shipping?
Let meknow.
My e-mail is wwbond@aol.com
wwchevy
1989 Barefoot Nautique
wwchevy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wwchevy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2011 at 9:57pm
Thanks to everyone who offered advice on where to get the parts I was looking for. Especially to Bill for the glove box. The part is perfect for my boat and he was a pleasure to deal with. Bow chocks and motor box hinges were purchased from West Marine and I am having Michigan Lumber mill 2 new Teak steps for the boat. I appreciate your help.
Thanks, Wes
wwchevy
1989 Barefoot Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic