NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

fuel filter

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
1997nautique View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1997nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: fuel filter
    Posted: September-18-2011 at 1:27am
Have 1997 GT40 EFI sounds like you should change the fuel filter annually. Can you just buy the filter & not the whole unit.

just purchased this year & have really enjoyed. Just want to know how to do the basic maintanace. Thanks.
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2011 at 11:57am
Hi Tim - There are owners manuals in the reference section that detail the maintenance better than I can.     Not sure on your filter element availability, but for my model - I got the element at NAPA for about $30.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2011 at 1:08pm
It will occasionally come up with some of these boats, especially if you have a Fuel Control Cell, that the fuel filter housing can be a real PITA to unscrew when they've been on there for a while. The answer winds up being a ginormous pair of Channel Lock pliers. Check out this thread, pay particular attention to Jody's (FL Inboards) advice:
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=19432
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic