Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

guts of a PCM tranny

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
espinaker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote espinaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2012 at 10:31am
Hi Eric, I just have seen your post, and saw that you have some hubs and spares of the PCM 40, I have one that the splines (of the planetary) has gone.....Could you sale one for me? (Im form Argentina too. If you could, you will very helpful to me.

I would like to put in contact with you, but I cant find how,Im not too familiarized with this forum.....

Im pretty new in this site and ithave very important info for me.....

Thanks my friend and best regards..... Andres
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2012 at 10:34am
yes, take a pic of what you need and i will respond to your posting.
did you purchase Kapla's transmission?
"the things you own will start to own you"
espinaker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote espinaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2012 at 10:44am
Yes, Sebastian sold me the tranny...and aparently all it have is ane warped disc and the splines are out..... here some pics....

Thanks for the fast answer!
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2012 at 10:48am
Welcome aboard Spinaker, nice to have another fellow Argentinian member.

I'm from Rosario. What boat are you building?
espinaker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote espinaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2012 at 10:58am
Im working in a new project, its like a classic runabout....still on the drawing board, and getting some things to starting to work as soon as possible.....

Great city Rsario, I was in there not so long ago. I have a friend livig there, he works in the naval industry there...........

Thanks for the welcome! Im here for what you need.....
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2012 at 12:59pm
who is he? I might know him, I work at the local Volvo Penta service. I think you talked with Jorge Ruf at the Club the velas?
espinaker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote espinaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2012 at 1:06pm
His name is Mariano, is a Naval Architect, he used to sail a snipe sailboat, and also (not sure today) was working in a shipyard from there.....I know to Ing. Martinez of Navalmotor.....
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2012 at 1:22pm
Mariano I know him, cant recall his last name, he repairs some boats for the Nautique / Monterey Dealer I work for too. Great guy.
espinaker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote espinaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2012 at 1:38pm
He is arroyo, we was classmates.....and yes, great guy....Im surprised.... this is a very small world....
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2012 at 1:57pm
Yes, Mariano Arroyos, are you sure you didnt meet with Jorge Ruf at the club de velas? I remember he commenting on a coffee he had with a guy designing a woody with an inline 6...
espinaker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote espinaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2012 at 6:28pm
Do you mean "Club de Veleros" of San Isidro? I know a guy called Jorge, but different last name....
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2012 at 10:00am
idle chit chat?
hah, yes i have one of those a matter a fact I have about 30 of the them, and how do you suppose we get you one of them?
espinaker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote espinaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2012 at 10:09am
Lol,,,,is the internet magic, comunicating people that lives 300 km each other via 12000 km media.....

I dont know how do you was going to send to kapla......I could pay you with pay pal, and I dont know if you could send via some post service.... I´ll need the clutches too and maybe the neutral switch, if you have those I could buy all of these to you..... what do you think? would you like my email for better coordination and the spares cost?

Thanks Eric......you are very helpful....
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2012 at 10:27am
will it be rupies? or Boliva's lol
just pulling your leg about the idle chit chat, the world has shrunk and have met many good friends that way

clutches need to come from DIM, I dont stock them, and seal and gasket, I order them when i rebuild them, maybe i could ship to DIM and they will include it in the box?
espinaker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote espinaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2012 at 10:32am
lol again.... internet has opened the world....

Yes, I would buy the clutches to ski dim, so yes, we can do that way.... how do you would like to do to coordinate? Tks.....
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2012 at 10:38am
send an email too amanda.lavine@rocketmail.com with pay pal details
espinaker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote espinaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2012 at 10:42am
Ok! Thanks again......I will take again my rupies from the offshore acount for that....lol....
Sending the email.....

Thanks again for your help!
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2012 at 11:52am
Andres, i ow you an apologies for not being front and hiding some info.
Its a small world indeed. Looks blike you got everything squared anyway.
Sorry again.
Welcome to ccf, great group of guys.
When placing the orfer on dim don't forget to put the promo code MALIBU to get a 10 percent discount
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
espinaker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote espinaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2012 at 1:54pm
Ok, thanks for the welcome, for the info (code).....and for the apologies. I think that when someone recognizes that had made a mistake, its fair to forgot that, so, your welcome and all forgotten as I said....

This is a great forum, lots of questions and answers, and great helpful people and useful info too...

Glad to find it.......
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2012 at 9:04pm
you should check in embragues bolougne if they have the spline to make you a damper plate for the tranny. I'ts different than the one on the velvet drives or volvo sterndrives.
espinaker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote espinaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2012 at 9:09am
Thanks Luciano for the info!....I just take note af that place...It will be very useful, beacause that is another check on the list....the damper, the bellhousing, and goes on..... A few days ago I was checking the splines of the shaft and compares with the others gear boxes, and yes, they have different size....
I have sent you an email....
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2012 at 10:01am
what bell housing do you need, do you have mounts also, list what you need....i gotta a ton of stuff laying around
you have to get the damper from PCM, 10 spline not 26
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2012 at 10:33am
Eric, we have a place here that have made damper for boat for the past 40 years. might not be state of the art but they do work!
They made the damper for the Argentinian Volvo Aquamatic engines at the time.
If they have the 10 spline center I'm sure it will work.

As for the bellhousing, you can use any gm marine bellhousing, I know Bettiga has one, but for the last one he charged almost as a new one in Barrera. Around U$D600. The old Chevy AQ bellhousing used on the Volvo sterndrives works too.

For the supports you will need to decide how you will mount the engine on the boat first, if you plan to use adjustable mounts for better alignment it will be a tad expensive. The other possibility is to shim/align the engine and use fixed mounts.

My Email is Luchog@arnet.com.ar
Luciano Grimblat on Facebook.
espinaker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote espinaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2012 at 1:59pm
Thanks Eric and Luciano for the replies.....
Eric. I sent an email to Amanda yesterday, with a questrion for you. maybe I will need some other things, Send it via that email? (so we do not overcharge the forum...) :)

Thanks pals......
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2012 at 8:54am
clog the forum so we all learn, no e-mail that i know of....you going Chevy or ford, i have both bellhousings, with engine mount starters instead of bellhousing mount in my garage here at home, and ford mounts, its a 1:1 pcm, so borg warner mounts will work which i also have a set in the garage here,,,,list exactly what you are doing so there are no mistakes..very easy to get the wrong parts
espinaker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote espinaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2012 at 6:16pm
Thanks Eric again....

I will resend the email to amanda, maybe she didn't get the last one...I was coordinating with her for the planetary and hub....

Lets see, the transmission is 1.23:1, the input shaft have 15 splines (not 10) and 25 mm outer diam. and I will put in a chevy 230 (maybe I will change the crankshaft and pistons and it will be 250, but, maybe...)and no more of 150 hp(full throttle if it becomes 250 otherwise, only 130).

I was thinking that maybe you have some usable clutch discs (no new), I have measured the thickness of mines and it has 2.05 mm acording my micrometer. I have only one warped, and the ones in the broken hub has the center weared. the rest seems in good condition.(I ask you beacause the transmission never will get more than 140 HP, less the half that this tranny used to get. (otherwise, I even think in dont put a new ones).

With the bellhousing I havent decided yet, I have a person that got an old OMC with a chevy 250. but he didnt told me what he want to do with that....

The input shaft has a little wear in the front needle bearing (in the 2420 torrington), according to Kapla, this tranmission was fixed before he get it, so I think that that was the original problem, a broken bearing. I have people that makes special weldings, for crankshafts and camshafts, and maybe they could fix the little pitted area.

Thats all, this could be a good "case of study".... and a good hobby to do....Im enjoy to do this....

P.S.

I will send the mail to Amanda again, with a list of spares I would need, so you can give me a quotation for those...I will do if you thik its ok....

Thanks again!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2012 at 6:27pm
you gotta buy new clutches, dont have any
the shaft would have to be hard chromed and ground, I'll throw in a good shaft to with the planet.
i dont know if she got the e-mail, i will ask
sorry, 15 spline, still have to get damper from PCM
espinaker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote espinaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2012 at 9:26am
Im back.....

Tks eric.....

yes, just as you said, hard chrome ad ground. Obviously an original shaft is the best option..... I dont know if you get that mail, I will resend to Amanda right now, with the full list of spares, so I could see wich is the most important now -for my current budget :) -...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2012 at 10:24am
"give" you the shaft with the planet
espinaker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote espinaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2012 at 10:30am
Thanks! That would be very great!....

I just sent she the mail....with the list.. could you send me an email? (I have it in my profile).....I have a question for you...Thanks again!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic