Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fiberglass engine cover wanted

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Cuda Chris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cuda Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fiberglass engine cover wanted
    Posted: January-01-2012 at 6:31pm
Looking for a fiberglass engine cover for my correctcraft. It's a 68 barracuda and currently has an upholstered wood cover that the previous owner built from treated home depot lumber. I really don't care what year or color the cover is because I will color match it to my boat when I get to that point of the project.

Cheers
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2012 at 12:55am
What engine do you have in your Cuda? CC commonly used wood motorboxes in the 60's, especially over the wider big blocks and Chryslers- including the 318, which was very common in the Barracuda. I dont believe the fiberglass box from the 60's would fit over that engine... so hopefully you have the less common 302 in yours?
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2012 at 1:47am
He has a 318 Tim. I guess I should look in the diaries,didn't realize that they had wood ones too
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cuda Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2012 at 10:58am
Hey guys,

My boat does have a 318 in it. When looking around prior to purchasing this boat I saw pictures of a Cuda SS using a fiberglass engine cover. Have also see pics of mid 60's mustangs with them too. I am by no means an expert.

Thanks for the info!
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2012 at 11:45am
The fiberglass cover will fit over the poly 318, the log manifolds sit lower than on the later 318. Good luck with your project!, lets see some pics!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2012 at 12:48pm
Like Gary said, the pre-1970 fiberglass box will fit over the Poly, but not the non-poly 318 (which is what your '68 should have). Your boat would have likely had a wooden box from the factory... check out the diaries to get an idea of what the factory wooden box looked like.

To make the period-correct glass box work, you'd have to cut it in half and widen it. Not a small project- assuming you can find a box to begin with!
Towbosssupreme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Towbosssupreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2012 at 8:27pm
I have one from a 69 Mustang .
Tow Boss Supreme 71 Separator(sold) 70 Barracuda ,80 S.N ,88 Barefoot Nautique 78 American Skier 78 Martinique 77 Fish.N 67 Skylark 69 Baracuda 70 S.N. 73 Mustang,65 Century Coronado H.T 70 Century Corona

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cuda Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2012 at 10:23pm
Towboss,

I just emailed you. Look forward to discussing this with you.

Thanks!
Towbosssupreme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Towbosssupreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2012 at 11:45am
$225.00 strapped to a pallet. For the vent 3 chrome vents I will take $75.00 .I do not have a lifting handle . U ship would probably be your cheepest freight . Keith abctowing29574@bellsouth.net
Tow Boss Supreme 71 Separator(sold) 70 Barracuda ,80 S.N ,88 Barefoot Nautique 78 American Skier 78 Martinique 77 Fish.N 67 Skylark 69 Baracuda 70 S.N. 73 Mustang,65 Century Coronado H.T 70 Century Corona

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cuda Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2012 at 12:52pm
Towboss,

I'll take it and will be in direct contact with you later today!

Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic