Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what year...the plot thickens

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Bille7ret View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bille7ret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what year...the plot thickens
    Posted: February-25-2012 at 10:12pm
Cleaned the lovely silver paint off the valve covers and find.....first line Fireball V8   next line   V8 CH-175...tag on the intake V 138.....
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2012 at 10:49pm
Bill,
Somewhere along the line a Po has been swapping parts.

I suggest you keep all your posts in the original thread so your progress from start to finish can be followed easily.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
93/70 ccpb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 93/70 ccpb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2012 at 1:14am
fireball v 8 is most likely a gray marine engine.there is a shop that knows a lot about these engines in buffalo ny.duby marine if they are still around.gray marine marinized alot of engines and different blocks 50;s and 60;s maybe earlier.i have one to put in my 69 cuda when the time comes.fireball v 8 238 hp 4 barrel.
what you dont want to hear from jbear and bill.you cant get in the boat till you get your minute,and they throw you back in water!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2012 at 2:07am
nice to see you on Danny.
Had a very cool time today. A young man came all the way over to visit and ski. Brought along a nice lookin' young lady too.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
gtxragtop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtxragtop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2012 at 3:01am
Originally posted by 93/70 ccpb 93/70 ccpb wrote:

fireball v 8 is most likely a gray marine engine.there is a shop that knows a lot about these engines in buffalo ny.duby marine if they are still around.gray marine marinized alot of engines and different blocks 50;s and 60;s maybe earlier.i have one to put in my 69 cuda when the time comes.fireball v 8 238 hp 4 barrel.

Your going to put a Chevy engine in a 69 Cuda? PLEASE tell me your joking right? At least put a 318 in your Cuda not some Chevy crap engine.
1996 Ski Nautique GT40

Worcester, MA.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2012 at 8:56am
Originally posted by gtxragtop gtxragtop wrote:

Your going to put a Chevy engine in a 69 Cuda? PLEASE tell me your joking right? At least put a 318 in your Cuda not some Chevy crap engine.

Yes, "fireball" is registered by Gray Marine.

NG,
Chevy? Before you make a statement like this, you may want to get your facts together. The engine is a 327 cu. in. but, it's an AMC block. We went through this lesson not too long ago??

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
connorssons View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2012 at 11:29am
Originally posted by gtxragtop gtxragtop wrote:

Bite your lip there newbie! some CC came with chevys1
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2012 at 2:41pm
Betting GTX thinks Dan's "Cuda" reference was to a Plymouth not a CC.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2012 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Betting GTX thinks Dan's "Cuda" reference was to a Plymouth not a CC.

It didn't sound that way to me but maybe you are correct!

gray marine marinized alot of engines and different blocks 50;s and 60;s maybe earlier.i have one to put in my 69 cuda when the time comes.fireball v 8 238 hp 4 barrel.

Why would he put a marine engine in a car?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
93/70 ccpb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 93/70 ccpb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2012 at 5:03pm
sorry for the mistake.it is a 327 gray marine amc block going into my 1969 correct craft barracuda ss.the chrysler 318 was taken out before i got it.i hope this clears things up.was just trying to help fellow member id his engine.
what you dont want to hear from jbear and bill.you cant get in the boat till you get your minute,and they throw you back in water!
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2012 at 5:06pm
(by gtxragtop)- "not some Chevy crap engine"

Deep down in your subconscious, I feel that you do hold a certain underlying respect for the crap engines. Otherwize you probably would not have used a capital "C".

Some of the crap engines are amongst the most beautiful marine engines known to mankind.

And like Pete says, the Graymarine 327 is normally an AMC.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2012 at 8:38pm
boy ya just gotta love 'newbies' on here. where is 79 when ya need him?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2012 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

john

I guess we just have to take his place but I do know we will be gentler!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2012 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

john

LOL Pete........'gentler' was certainly not in 79's vocabulary!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2012 at 10:10pm

john

john

John,
Yes, I agree that Chris did have a way with his words!! Actually, I miss it! Really!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2012 at 11:33pm

john

john

John,
Yes, I agree that Chris did have a way with his words!! Actually, I miss it! Really!

It was like watching a train wreck. You wanted to turn away but you just couldn't.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

gtxragtop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtxragtop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2012 at 1:16am
Yes, I thought you were putting that engine into a Plymouth Barracuda. I had no idea that CC had a "cuda". As for my comment being a diehard mopar fan for too many years (except the late 70's and the K-car years) thinking about putting a Chevy motor in a Chrysler product is just plane wrong. As for my "crap" statement it applied to that motor in a Ply Barracuda. That would be a crap motor for such a car. When I read this, (fireball v 8 238 hp 4 barrel) I saw "283" not 238, hence the chevy association. My screw-up here. Sorry.

Somebody asked... why would you put a marine engine is a car? Well, I had a Chrysler Marine 440 in my garage taken from a Century ski boat for about 3 years. It would have been simple to convert to a non marine application.
1996 Ski Nautique GT40

Worcester, MA.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2012 at 10:40pm
Hay rag top, do you own a cc? if so lets,s see what ya got!
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2012 at 12:57am
I wanna see the '68 or '69 GTX convertable.

Almost bought a black '68 GTX in 1975 but instead I bought a '67 Camaro. Today either one in the driveway would work just fine.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2012 at 9:29am
Originally posted by connorssons connorssons wrote:

Hay rag top, do you own a cc? if so lets,s see what ya got!

Yes, Seeing a boat on a boat web site is great rather than "side tracking" talking about automotive.

NG/rag,
Maybe it would be a good idea for you to check the web site you're on before mixing up cars and boats again!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2012 at 11:23am
Originally posted by DrCC DrCC wrote:

I wanna see the '68 or '69 GTX convertable.

Or.. Anything topless would be great!!
gtxragtop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtxragtop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2012 at 12:58am
I need to post a few photos. Just picked up a 96 Ski Nautique with a GT40 engine. 670 hours. Interior is very nice and original. Boat was always covered and well maintained. When I went out for a test drive (just before T-day) the owner was putting along and said... "sorry I can't open her up until the water temp hits 160" I knew then it was properly taken care of.
1996 Ski Nautique GT40

Worcester, MA.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2012 at 1:02am
Lets try this again! ragtop welcome! lets see your ride, the one that goes in the water that is!
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2012 at 3:08am
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Or.. Anything topless would be great!!

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2012 at 3:24am
yikes...

jumped on this thread fast...shoulda known better.

nice long sleeve white dress shirt on Pete. Hundred say he has monograms on the cuffs.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2012 at 9:45am

nice long sleeve white dress shirt on Pete. Hundred say he has monograms on the cuffs.
john

I wore that monogramed shirt just for you John! I knew the picture would pop up sometime!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic