NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

i hate pack rats!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
67425ks View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67425ks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: i hate pack rats!
    Posted: March-05-2012 at 5:46pm
For those of you that live in parts of the country that aren't plauged with packrats, count your blessings. i pulled two cars home 6 months ago and yesterday i popped the hood on them and both engine compartments were full of packrat treasures.
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2012 at 5:23pm
Yikes!.... we don't have animals like that around here, just people    I hope your shop vac works good !
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2012 at 8:28pm
i'm thinking the radiator is prob junk.   I wonder what half that stuff is ..
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2012 at 3:20am
After they get a nice warm nest they start in on chewing the insulation off the wiring, careful when you hook up that battery/new battery
This is the life
79TiqueRebuild View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79TiqueRebuild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2012 at 9:26pm
wow!
When was the last time they checked the oil?   
67425ks View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67425ks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2012 at 1:44am
I wasn't too worried about the cutlass pictured. It was a free car and I just haven't had time to run it over the scales. I do have a Merkur xr4ti that they started in on and pissed me off.   It always amazes me the things they haul off to their nests. This one had mostly stickers but I also saw bottle caps, spent 22 shells, and a bunch of ear tags for cattle ( must have got them out of my shed). They are fascinating little animals but they are a complete PITA and almost impossible to kill or catch.
67425ks View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67425ks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2012 at 1:48am
Imagine the feeling if you were to pull a boat out of storage and find a pack rat had spent all winter building his home under the dog house. I'd probably be sick.
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 6:20pm
That happen to my boat only it was a muskrat! they also like chewing rubber?   I took photo of it but i can't find it now.
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2012 at 6:22pm
And I'm still sick about it
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic