NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Reupholstering seats!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
kenowja View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenowja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reupholstering seats!!!!
    Posted: April-25-2012 at 2:46pm
hi i have a coyote by aztec boats, and i am either going to try to reupholster the seats, have them done, or get new ones, i havent been able to find any seats for it, because the company went out of buisness . the thing i need to know, is if i should buy a sewing machine that will do it, for a grand, or have them done. its the captains chair, spotters seat, 2 cushions in the back that are the back "bench" seat, and a little seat that bolts on to the engine cover for a spotter. WHAT SHOULD I DO please help.

Jake
Jake
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2012 at 3:23pm
Post where you live Jake,if members know where your at maybe they know of a place to recommend. Problems of doing it yourself are you need a big area to work in and a regular household machine has trouble with material thickness. Problems of taking it in, your a little late, good shops will be very busy by now.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2012 at 3:32pm
Jake....I did my own seats a couple of years ago. Turned out fairly well for a guy that didn't know which end of the sewing machine to use.

Its a great winter project. I sure wouldn't start that project now if you want to use the boat this summer. I got by using a good old heavy Singer machine, but, it probably wasn't heavy enough. Your other option is to have a shop do it, and as Gary mentions, they are probably all booked up at this point, and the cost will probably be in the $2K-$3K range. I would estimate I did it for ~$600 including the sewing machine.

One key thing I don't think I would do again is to sew the stripes into the upholstery. I would go with a color coordinated piping to match the boat. Keep is simple! You will save time and money....and lots of frustration.
kenowja View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenowja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2012 at 4:14pm
ok well i live in wisconsin rapids, and the best place to go would be midstate upholstry and they have everything overpriced. i found an industrial sized sewing machine in marshfield for a grand, and i realy need to do it asap, seeing that my grandma wants it done before her sister gets here at the end of next month can anyone help?
Jake
kenowja View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenowja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2012 at 4:15pm
i live in Wisconsin rapids WI
Jake
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2012 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by kenowja kenowja wrote:

WHAT SHOULD I DO please help.

Jake

Tell your grandmother, and her sister, to quit yapping about the upholstery, get in, and hang on....and to give you some gas money too

Try Kendor Marine in Franklin, Wis. They can sell you the vinyl, or do the whole job for you. Very reasonable prices.
kenowja View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenowja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2012 at 2:39pm
thanks david
i'll look
Jake
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic