Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cleat Location

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
tlwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cleat Location
    Posted: May-22-2012 at 7:17pm
I have a 2011 200OB SN. I want to put pull up cleats on the boat. The spot I am considering is on the top surface of the gunwale immediately above the speakers. That area seems to be thicker than other spots. The cleats can accomodate up to 1 inch hull thickness. Anyone have an idea how thick this top surface may be?

Thanks
Bay Rat
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2012 at 7:48pm
I was poking around http://www.nautique.com/models/ski-nautique-200-open-bow/ a bit.

Does your boat have a cleat at all, or where they optional. It looks like the 2012 puts the cleat toward the end of the motorbox on the outside top of the gunwale. In other words, on the outside, vertical, surface, not the horizontal surface.

I don't think putting one on the top, horizontal, surface would be a good idea. The place you're talking about could be right in line with the ski rope under certain conditions. Even though the cleat pops down, it could potentially catch a little and be a serious annoyance.
tlwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2012 at 8:22pm
Thanks. Understand your point. Had pull up low profile cleats in a similar spot on my 92 SN and didn't have a problem unless they were left in the up posistion. I'll think about it a bit more. Any idea how thick the top horizontal surface is?
Bay Rat
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2012 at 1:04am
My thinking was basically, just to put it where the factory put them on the factory optioned cleats, so it would look original etc. Not sure on the thickness. But, your boat is new enough that you could probably call Correct Craft Corporate and someone should be able to tell you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic