Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

40 amp breaker

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
joebarwick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joebarwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 40 amp breaker
    Posted: May-25-2012 at 10:26pm
Hey Guys....I have a 78 Ski Nautique and the last 2 times i went out...I tripped the 40 amp circuit breaker...when it tripped it fried my ignition module.....I have a brand new Mallory unilite distributor....I just put it in there....followed the wiring instructions carefully....but this is twice that my breaker tripped....I can reset the breaker on the water....but when I do....everything comes back except the distributor....$40.00 a crack....My amp meter on the dash is peaking out towards the 40 mark...and never does come back down....puts out close to 40 the entire time the boat is running....

HELP?
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2012 at 10:46pm
It will keep happening because you have an overvoltage condition.
Alternator regulator is defective, or sensing low voltage causing it to overcharge
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
joebarwick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joebarwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2012 at 12:02am
Yeah I was thinking voltage regulator....I put a volt meter on it it was putting out 13.6 at 2500 rpm....I'll get a voltage regulator tomorrow...I guess a 20 amp fuse between the switch and the ignition module wouldn't hurt either...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic