Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anti siphon/ pickup replacement

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
zeclops View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeclops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anti siphon/ pickup replacement
    Posted: May-28-2012 at 2:25pm
Happy Memorial Day ! I have an 82 nautique that starves for fuel after an hour or so of running fine. Took the anti siphon valve out and cleaned with carb cleaner and air and the boat seemed to run better but I'm still having the same issues. I have about 20 hours on a new fuel pump that I purchased 8 months ago. It is definatly fuel related because when it stalls I pull the fuel line from carb and turn the motor over and no fuel or very little fuel is pumping. Let the boat sit for a few minutes and then fuel is delivered properly .. I also notice that when I shut the motor off I   hear the ball or something in the anti siphon valve rattle around with a vibration noise for a minute, like there is some type of vacuum on the tank . The valve is threaded into a 90 degree fitting that is attached to the tank. Is there a pickup screen attached to the 90 degree fitting inside the tank that could be clogged ? It appears this 90 dg fitting is welded to the tank or my eyes are just going bad. Is the 90 dg fitting designed to be taken out of the tank? Thanks and happy boating this Memorial weekend.
stan082
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2012 at 2:46pm
In 1993 the fitting can be removed and the pickup line taken out of the tank. I replaced mine with a unit I purchased on line (I forget where) and installed a new anti-siphon valve. Your tank is vented, so make sure the vent line is not clogged. The original line had a small screen at the bottom of the pickup, but the replacement is cut at an angle with no screen. I don't plan to put junk in my clean tank, so I decided to skip the screen.
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
zeclops View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeclops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2012 at 3:26pm
Thanks for the reply. Ill see if I can bust the 90 dg fitting loose and dig some more for the clog and yes the vent tube flows air freely.
stan082
zeclops View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeclops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2012 at 7:30pm
Solved the problem. The screen inside the pickup tube was full of roaches or spiders or some type of crustation life. Amazing anything can live in there.
stan082
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic