Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bilge pump problem

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
tjamesbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjamesbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bilge pump problem
    Posted: June-05-2012 at 3:39pm
thanks I will check the output and see if its spinning on the shaft, yes it is the corrugated type pipe, I have just lowered the bow on trailer to minimise the head of water..... still no luck, but I will follow up on your reccomended checks . The rain has set in here and I have now got wet and cold enough for the day so am having a breather until the rain stops
Boyd
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2012 at 3:31pm
James,
Without the hose connected, is there still a decent volume of water? I ask since even a pump running backwards will still discharge some water.

How long is the discharge hose and is it one of the corrugated types of bilge pump hoses? They are absolutely horrible for internal resistance causing lot’s of head back pressure.

What size is the pump?

Do check to make sure the impeller isn't slipping on the motor shaft. with the extra back pressure with the hose connected, it may be?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
tjamesbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjamesbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2012 at 3:19pm
with the hose disconnected the water pumps out of the Bilge pump Body Outlet and the hose is clear I can blow through it ) all I can come up with is its not pumping enough pressure to get it out ie the head of water in the pipe is defeating it .... but why ?
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2012 at 3:00pm
Check to see if the impeller on the pump hasn't sheared off the motor shaft. It doesn't take much since they are plastic. You'll also want to check the direction the impeller is running. It may be wired backwards?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
tjamesbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjamesbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2012 at 2:45pm
After sorting the rudder stuffing , bucket test ,then thermostat / impellor , then an LPG leak I am finally on the way to the lake today . Just before I go I check the Bilge pump On ......whirring ..... but not pumping out ( filled the bilge up with a hose first ) So I remove the pump check for any blockages detach the hose to the bow outlet back flush with a hose then blow through it, its all clear . I then Run the Pump with the hose disconnected and hey presto water pumps out . I reconnect it all switch the pump on manual and plenty of noise but nothing coming out of the Bowhole The only thing i would comment on is that the pump is noisier its screeching is it that its working but not developing enough pressure ???? what is causing the screeching ???? . What can i do next ??? Its now raining here in the UK and the forecast is rain every day for the next 5days I am really hacked off and want to live somewhere sunny
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic