Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Decal installation tips needed, please

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ifishok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ifishok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Decal installation tips needed, please
    Posted: June-15-2012 at 9:52pm
This is good stuff, thanks again.
tbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2012 at 1:19am
Hey Ryan, How is the skiing going?
Will have to take a trip down to the Brazos in the future.
Thanks.......Tom
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2012 at 12:05am
Originally posted by 2001Stinger 2001Stinger wrote:

Hey a fellow minnesotan. I thinks one day we will all have to get together for a SN minnesota chapter outting.

I would enjoy that. I have meet a few others from Minnesota, but there has never been any group meet ups like Chicago beers. What town are you from?
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2012 at 11:40pm
All,
will be coming back to camp sight early in the morning. Please let me know if yall need me to p/u anything. Ice, beer, lighter fluid, ect.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2012 at 11:37pm
Gonna stay at they room tonight. Thank you Gun Driver for looking after my baby. I', planning on being back early a.m. for a footin' set. Hoping someone who knows the lake is going.
2001Stinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2001Stinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2012 at 10:26pm
Hey a fellow minnesotan. I thinks one day we will all have to get together for a SN minnesota chapter outting.
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2012 at 10:24pm
Tape decal in place and then tape guidelines with blue masking tape while everything is dry. Then the soapy water.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

2001Stinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2001Stinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2012 at 10:23pm
I have been in the sign industry for almost 15 years, distilled water and about 1/2 once of liquid joy soap is a tried and true method. Keep your squeegge at a 45 degree angle. Do not do in direct sun. Give the joy solution plenty of time to set up. You can also use the joy solution to remove the premask from the applied decal. Spray the premask down with the joy solution and rub it around with you hand. Then peel premask. Do worry about any bubbles that may be in the vinyl decal. Believe it or not vinyl decals will eventually "breath" out the bubbles. Orrrr, you can take it to a professional.. . Wow, I think I just made it sound more complicated than a stringer redo. Use good tape to position the decal and post pics of your process. Hope this helps!
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2012 at 8:47pm
1/2-3/4oz soap to one liter of water. Yuu can spray on top too allow squegee to slide over and remove bubbles effortlessly.
ifishok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ifishok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2012 at 8:38pm
Thanks Randy, I heard soapy water in a spray bottle works well too. I'm not sure about cutting between the letters once they are on the hull without leaving a mark on the hull.
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2012 at 9:27pm
Use a spray bottle full of water to "float" them on. on the large "ski nautique" decals tape them to the side then cut between the letters but not all the way to the top to create flaps then you can do each letter instead of trying to do them in one shot. once again use plenty of water. buy a hard rubber squeege made for applying decals. you should be able to pick one up for a buck or two at a auto detail shop.

ifishok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ifishok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2012 at 9:09pm
I finished the wet sanding and polishing project on our 1989 SN 2001. Now it's time to install the decals, is there any tips or hints you can share? Thanks again, and once the project is finished, I'll post some before and after photos.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic