Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Correct Prop Size??

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Rick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Correct Prop Size??
    Posted: April-02-2004 at 11:28pm
There are a couple of threads in this forum mentioning good repair shops. Johnson makes OJ and did a great job for two of mine. One I scrappes 1/4 of a prop off and the other was bent. They even cupped both. Both run great
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2004 at 6:24pm
i agree with 79, if your rpms are okay don't change anything. if you want better low speed ( ie wakerboard) performance, go with a four blade or stainless.

i have never had a good balance on a prop that has been repaired locally. if your cash rich, get a new one and have your old one repaired as a back up.

send it to whomever made it. you wouldn't get your ford fixed at a chevy dealer. if you can't figure out the make send it to oj or hale.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2004 at 10:16am
As far as changing the pitch or staying with what you have depends on the RPM you are running with this prop. If the RPM is fine then you don't need to change if it is to high or low then you need to change the pitch.
Rick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2004 at 11:23pm
The easiest way is to have it repaired. Its about 20% of a new one. Johnson props in TN can do it or look for other questions re props in this forum
Hipster View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2004 at 7:30pm
I have a 92' Nautique and need to replace the prop. The current prop is a 1", 14 RH16, Cup#5. However, I do not know if this is the original prop. Can anyone verrify this is the original prop? May or maynot be. Are there any advantages/disavantages to replacing with this same prop? Thanks in advance.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic