Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

trailer for 1971 Skier

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
scott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: trailer for 1971 Skier
    Posted: April-03-2004 at 1:01am
I am looking for a trailer. Preferrable used, but not necessarily, I just have trouble thinking about paying more for the trailer than I did the boat . I would love any pointers/links that anyone could share. Has anyone retrofitted a non-inboard trailer to work with their inboard? Thanks ahead for the help!
1971(I think :-) Skier
kenny g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenny g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2004 at 11:58am
scott what part of the country are you located in ?.i know of a lot of trailers available,cheap,not inboard,but good solid trailers that you could retrofit.located in cincinnati and indy.
kenny g
scott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2004 at 7:54pm
I am just North of Detroit, Michigan. Cinci and Indy wouldn't be to out of the way. I have a sister in Warsaw IN. Are these on the web at all, to look at? Do you have any experience in retro fitting a trailer? I have some ideas, but would have to get someone to execute(weld ) them, or depending on the trailer that might not be necessary. Any help you can give is appreciated. Thanks!
kenny g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenny g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2004 at 10:01pm
i would call indy boat salvage 317-786-4088.last time i was out there they had-my guess about 75-100 old boats.most of them junk,almost all of them setting on trailers.
they will sell trailers seperate
not one correct craft in the bunch.
kenny g
64 Skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2004 at 8:24am
I have two and could possibly sell one. The trailer is in North Louisiana.

Let me know if you're still interested.

Long ways from you, and I know this doesn't help you too much, but a simple welding job/machine would do the trick. Inboards are simple since the bottoms are basically flat where they need support. Get a welder to fit the supports and then install the wood and carpet yourself.

64 Skier
66" HO VTX and 67" HO Triumph
71CC
scott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2004 at 5:01pm
64 Skier, thanks for the offer. I think I will look closer to home to start with although Louisiana wouldn't be a bad place to visit :-). I appreciate all the feedback and think I will take all of your input and retro fit a trailer. That seems to be the only way that I will get a trailer for this season and not break the bank.

Kenny G, thanks for your input also (I have many of your cd's :-) I will call indy boat salvage and start my hunt.
boatnut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boatnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2004 at 1:13pm
I bought a used Load-rite trailer and adapted it to fit the inboard. It was pretty easy cause they sell all sorts of different parts. Haven't added the prop guard yet. Will probably have to get that made by a welder. It was kind of exciting 'cause I bought the boat (real cheap) and it was on a trailer that I wouldn't dare tow to the dump empty and I had to guess about fitting the trailer to the boat then jack the boat up enough to make the trailer swap all in someone elses back yard miles from home. And the boat weighed ALOT--a waterlogged San Juan 24 big boat!
scott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2004 at 3:47am
I have been looking at the load-rites and they are very component-ized. Thanks for the input, I have a couple places not to far away to look and hopefully will get something similiar to what you have. My existing trailer is decent for short hauls, I will try and do the swap in the water :-), not sure if I would want to try it the way you did. Thanks.
Alibuma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alibuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2004 at 11:54pm
I have a CC trailer I could get for you. Email me if you want a pic. coliannj@uwec.edu
www.strictlyinboards.com
www.uwstoutwaterskiteam.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic