NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Removing shower

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Removing shower
    Posted: July-31-2012 at 9:52pm
Don,
Thanks for the correction. The return went to the bottom of the j-pipe and the outlet was on the top. That would make more sense with regard to the temperature sensor.
Kevin
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2012 at 10:48am
The heater is flowing th opposite direction, it goes out the top of the motor and comes back in through the j pipe. Really, I'm not sure the j pipe is right, usually you want that return on the suction side of the raw water pump unless there is a pump involved to help move the water.
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2012 at 3:35am
I discovered tonight that the U-shaped pipe that had the heater pipe outflow on it was also a 1/4" spot to plug. I purchased two regular brass block drain plugs (I will replace them with the super McMaster-Carr parts when they arrive). One for the shower spot, and one for the heater. I think I now officially have my engine free from all the stuff the previous owner wants to keep.

I thought it was odd the engine heater returned to a t-pipe that on the top had a temperature sender on it and on the bottom plugged into the top of the block. I removed all the heater parts and reinstalled the temperature sender right down on the block. Is that the right thing to do?
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2012 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by KRoundy KRoundy wrote:

Awesome, Pete. Thanks! 1/4", right?

Yes, 1/4" on the block drains (do check them) and then some of the RWP or J pipe drains are 1/8" (check as well), the PCM manifolds I believe are 3/4" so a brass reducing bush is needed.

Mcmaster is great!! I've only "stumped" them once. It was on a refrig pipe plug - 1/4" LH thread!! That's an odd ball!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2012 at 8:35pm
Awesome, Pete. Thanks! 1/4", right?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2012 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by KRoundy KRoundy wrote:

Peter - where can I get those stop cocks?

McMaster Carr. almost to the bottom of the page
I have them on every single drain spot on all of my boats.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2012 at 8:26pm
Peter - where can I get those stop cocks?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2012 at 2:02pm
These stop cocks have removable stems so when draining the block, you can still probe the hole for sediment with a piece of wire.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2012 at 1:51pm
Yes, Kevin. Just an extra drain to winterize    Stick a hose on it and you'll have HOT water :)
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2012 at 1:45pm
I need to remove the shower from a 1993 Ski. This engine is going to go into my boat, but the previous owner wants to keep the shower and heater in this boat. For those who do not know, the shower is nozzle that lies in the back of the boat. The system works by mixing cold and hot water and then feeding it through the water line to the nozzle.

I can easily see how to remove the cold water line, as it simply pulls water from the line that feeds the engine for cooling. The hot water line has me stumped. If I have an engine without a shower, what goes in the spot indicated for the hot water on the photo below? Does it simply get a plug? Would this plug be the same as the drain plug on the opposite side?

Help me! Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic