NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ACME 540 ???

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
Author
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2013 at 6:10pm
That's funny, the one and only time I thought I might die in a ski boat had Tim also at the helm. Hmpf.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2013 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

That's funny, the one and only time I thought I might die in a ski boat had Tim also at the helm. Hmpf.

Oh c'mon, we werent even doing 30!
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2013 at 6:46pm
I never once had a bow dive (or chine lock or whatever you call it) in the 81 with either Amce prop (540 or 430)but those are both different animals than the 208. I had it happen a couple of times both with an OJ 13x13 at just above 50mph and that is a scary feeling. The OJ always pushed the nose down so it skied pretty good but the faster it went the less I trusted the boat in anything but glass water. Seems both Acmes were trying to lift the bow (or sink the stern), either way there was night and day between the styles of prop.

Will be interesting to see what that motor will do in the MQ although I expect it to be propped for pulling a bunch of footers most of the time. Hopefully it gets run this summer or you should make sure it's been fogged.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2013 at 7:17pm
Alan, my suspicion is that the 208 is a lower rake prop and will act more like the OJ's. The 1868 never caused our v-hull to chine lock but it nose dived hard enough to rob 5+ mph off the top (I could continue to power through it)... so Im thinking the same type of thing is at play.

Agreed that it will be interesting to see how a v-hull compares to the 2nd gen SN speed wise- this will be a perfect comparison! My guess is that it will be pretty fast... a reliable 55mph for sure, maybe a touch more? I would say our BFN came to us with about the same amount of hp (~380hp) and it ran right there.

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
  Share Topic