Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Parts for 1964 Interceptor 260

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
GBarker123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBarker123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2013 at 10:44pm
Thanks for the replies; I'll give Jim Harris a call. I downloaded the Interceptor manual from CCF long ago, but it doesn't really help me much except to confirm that this is probably a C model transmission since mine looks just like the one in the picture. I see no mention of the starter, bell housing, or separator plate, and even if they showed them, I still wouldn't know how to go about specifying what parts I'm looking for. Do they have to be from a 1964 260 RH? Were the same plate and starter used on other engine sizes or years? Would the plate be the same for a LH engine? How about the pump impeller?
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2013 at 9:47pm
The manual is also in the CCF reference section. I have an old shop parts manual for that engine. I'll see if I can find numbers that you're looking for, although typically Interceptor had their own numbers and they don't mean much.

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2013 at 9:34pm
Greg,
Get the manual for the Y block from marineengine.com. There is a parts section in it.

The trans is a Dearbomatic. The manual will help with it but parts for it are pretty scarce. Bruce (riley) does have a contact by him that could help. PM Bruce if he doesn't catch this post.

Where are the pictures???

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
GBarker123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBarker123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2013 at 9:20pm
Hi guys-

I started asking about this a few months ago, but didn't get very far. I thought I'd give it another shot now that everyone's hunkered down for the winter.

I'm restoring a 1964 American Skier with a 260 ci Interceptor engine and a transmission of unknown (to me) manufacturer and model. Someone apparently replaced the starter and/or separator plate (metal plate that sits bewteen the bell housing and the engine) at some point, but didn't do it right. The result is that the ring gear teeth are all worn down, with lots of metal shavings found just below the starter in the bell housing. I believe that the separator plate is what is supposed to position the starter the correct distance from the ring gear, but I can see that someone has hand-ground the plate to try to make the starter fit. At this point, to get everything right, I'd like to replace the starter, ring gear, and separator plate. I've been told that for the ring gear I just need to measure the I.D. and count the teeth and I should be able to get one from NAPA (true?). But for the plate and starter I need to know exactly what part number (or other description) I'm looking for; then I need to know where to look for the parts. I can't go off of what I already have since both parts, I suspect, are the incorrect ones.

One more part that I need is the water pump impeller. Again, I don't know exactly what to ask for or where to look.

Can anyone help?

-Greg
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic