Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

88 Barefoot Nautique Restoration

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2013 at 7:02pm
Very nice Mr. Beard!
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
RedandWhite73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedandWhite73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2013 at 7:58pm
Wow, keep up the good work and the pictures. Looks phenomenal.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2013 at 10:26pm
...those who have fallen and those who will.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2013 at 10:27pm
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2013 at 10:28pm
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2013 at 10:30pm
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2013 at 11:37pm
Tom your thoughts on the gelcoat respray? Did it work as you thought? Anything you'd do different?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
tbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2013 at 2:25am
Thanks for the comments,
For the Gel Coat I was shocked at how fast it would set up in the gun. By time I sprayed the first solid coat, got out of the boat and opened the acetone to clean things up, the stuff started to set up in the gun. So I learned to back off on the hardner to allow for more time. I did like the duratec clear. Great shine too.
Thanks.......Tom
tbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2013 at 1:06pm
Here is the process I went through for painting the windshield. I considered powder coating but I had left over paint from other boat/car projects so I decided to save the money and just paint it.

Remove all seals and screws. Scotch bright the frame. Wash with dawn and hot water. Spray 2 light coats of epoxy primer. Let dry and cure out a few days. Lightly sand with 800 grit paper. Wash with dawn and hot water. Spray 2 light coats of black base and let dry 30 min between coats and immediately follow up with 2 coats of clear and let dry 30 min between coats. I did not bother to sand and buff the final clear coat due to the configuration of the frames. The clear left it glossy but I like it now that it is on the boat.
Thanks.......Tom
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2013 at 12:08am
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2013 at 12:09am
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2013 at 1:13pm
Very nice thanks for sharing.

Donald
tbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2013 at 2:06am
Getting ready to go to the shop for decals, pin striping and lightning bolt. Thanks Marty for the barefoot Nautique trailer decal, PCM and dash decals.
Thanks.......Tom
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2013 at 10:27pm
Looks great Tom! Just one thing....Does the trailer have crash pads and if not are you planning on installing some?
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
tbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2013 at 2:05am
Yes Tim...I left them off the trailer to allow room for the decal guy to pin stripe the front.
Thanks.......Tom
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2013 at 2:09am
Looks great!
tbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2013 at 2:50am
Got the Transom, 2001, Lightning Bolt and pin striping installed. The side Barefoot nautique decals were so aged/old the adhesive would not stick to the boat. I am in touch with the supplier on the returns. N3 is producing a new original "Barefoot Nautique" decal for the sides of the boat. I am very pleased so far with the look....
Thanks.......Tom
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2013 at 3:23am
looks fantastic
This is the life
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2013 at 3:49am
She's looking good!
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2013 at 5:38am
Niiiiice!!

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2013 at 9:19am
Wow! She is looking great! Good Job!
Js
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2013 at 2:58pm
I like the safety covers for the outter platform brackets. Ive jabbed myself on those a few times.
tbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2013 at 3:21pm
Thanks for the comments....Yes Zach....have a scar on my ribs from that bracket. I do not mind a few from footing but not walking around a boat:)
Thanks.......Tom
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2013 at 8:32pm
Tom, looks phenomenal. Great job, and can't wait to see the finished product!   
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2013 at 3:04pm
Those are very motivating pictures. Well done!
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
tbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2013 at 1:13am
Thanks....Pics of the restored deck. We currently have the boat back off the trailer [its hanging again:)] We color sanded the trailer and sprayed 3 coats of clear coat to finish it off. Will post more pics next week.
Thanks.......Tom
tbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2013 at 1:42am
Thanks.......Tom
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2013 at 1:50am
Looking good Tom
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2013 at 1:09pm

Amazing !!!

Any pics of that DASH POD !? !!!!!!
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2013 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by MartyMabe MartyMabe wrote:

Amazing !!!   

I agree!

I want to see some pictures of the trailer after the color sand and 3 coats of clear. I don't think anyone else has gone that far on a trailer before.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic