Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

88 Barefoot Nautique Restoration

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
audiodude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiodude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2013 at 2:36pm
Wow!!!! Awesome Boat!! Wanna come up to CT and help with my 2001 next winter??
1989 Correct Craft 2001

In the words of Milton Berle: "You can lead a man to Congress but you can't make him think"
tbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2013 at 9:33pm
My son and I went over to the shop this morning and put the boat back on the trailer. Here are a few pics of the trailer repaint process. The pics did not turn out that great in the shop so I will take some outside next weekend.
Thanks.......Tom
tbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2013 at 9:44pm
Thanks.......Tom
tbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2013 at 9:57pm
We took the speedos and tach out of the dash. Masked everything else off and cleaned the plastic. Sprayed it with base coat black and clear coat - flat clear. Marty Maby provided the 3 plaques.... BFN, Correct craft globe and performance engineered for me.
Thanks.......Tom
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2013 at 10:23pm
newified
This is the life
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2013 at 2:05am
Dude Tom, that dash looks uhhhhhh mazing!
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2013 at 10:04pm
...those who have fallen and those who will.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2013 at 10:05pm
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2013 at 10:06pm
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2013 at 10:07pm
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2013 at 10:08pm
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2013 at 10:22pm
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2013 at 10:23pm
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2013 at 10:23pm
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2013 at 10:35pm
fantastic
This is the life
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2013 at 10:39pm
I have a lot more pictures to post, but now I'm getting this error:

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0115'

Unexpected error

/forum/non_RTE_upload_images.asp

A trappable error (C0000005) occurred in an external object. The script cannot continue running.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2013 at 11:04pm
me too
This is the life
tbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2013 at 12:34am
Finally put the boat in the water and ran it. So far so good! The boat needs about 5 to 10 hours of run time/break in. But no oil leaks....praise the Lord...
Thanks.......Tom
mark c View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2013 at 12:47am
That thing looks wicked.
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2013 at 5:58am
Shining on the water... The way it should be!
Great job!!

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2013 at 11:20am
Tom,
Is that really where you have your boom mount? I see the height adjuster, but even when you have the boom at it's lowest position, that's still pretty high right?

My clamp sits about 6 inches off of the floor (I use the adjuster too)

Curious. Maybe I'm set up wrong, but I use mine for kid skiing too
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2013 at 1:34pm
Steve, that's were he had it at the time of the water test. Tom's use of the boom is pretty level compared to some. It was resting there while I was taking pictures of the floor and dog house carpet.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2013 at 1:37pm
All remind you all also, the sheen you see on the trailer is NOT be cause it is wet. The trailer paint come out awesome! The sheen on the hull is also w/o any wax.
tbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2013 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by Swatkinz Swatkinz wrote:

Tom,
Is that really where you have your boom mount? I see the height adjuster, but even when you have the boom at it's lowest position, that's still pretty high right?

My clamp sits about 6 inches off of the floor (I use the adjuster too)

Curious. Maybe I'm set up wrong, but I use mine for kid skiing too

Steve,
My boom is a curved boom so I can have the mount lower. That Is where the bracket will stay due to my 5 foot Fly High sits on top of it. I hope this works out so I can keep the bracket in one place down low and keep the Fly High sitting on top of the bracket. I just purchased that bracket late in the season last year and have not taken the time to work out the details. We will see.
Thanks.......Tom
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2013 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by SN206 SN206 wrote:

Steve, that's were he had it at the time of the water test. Tom's use of the boom is pretty level compared to some.

So youre saying that the clamp will be raised a good amount? Putting it on the floor would have the boom sky high. I have mine mounted at least 6" off the floor and the boom still has an upwards angle on the highest setting of the height adjuster. This is with a straight boom... does Tom have a contour?

Edit: nevermind- a countour it is!

Boat is looking good Tom! Any plans to swap those white wagon wheels for an original chrome set?
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2013 at 2:17pm
Tom

now ready to go learn the Side Slides!

Nice boat!
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
tbeard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2013 at 2:27pm
Thanks.....Yes I found the chrome wheels on line with caps and lug nuts for under $ 200.00. At this point I am spreading the "boat spending budget" out to make our restoration cost feel like it is no big deal. We will see how long before the wife catches on
Thanks.......Tom
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2013 at 2:30pm
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2013 at 2:40pm
Great restoration. Looks to be right off the show room floor.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2013 at 2:51pm
Tom, that thing looks amazing on the water dude! Those Barefoot Nautique sections look pretty killer too . First one of our sets I've seen installed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic