Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Plastic around lifting eye on transom

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
2001SAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2001SAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Plastic around lifting eye on transom
    Posted: February-05-2013 at 5:25pm
Hi all,

What's with the plastic 'housing' around the lifting eyes on the transom on my nautique? One is missing but i haven't seen a replacement on nautique parts or anything. Do they serve any purpose? If not I'm taking the other off as the eyes could be used to tie my boat doen to my trailer (uk trailer - not CC) and the housing is in the way.

Cheers,

Darren.
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing...

2001 Super Air Nautique
1989 Fairline Corniche 31

www.bannrivercruises.co.uk
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2013 at 5:31pm
They are to keep the exhaust fumes below the water. A safety feature, but many people have taken theirs off.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2013 at 5:33pm
They are a safety feature. They keep exhaust/CO from coming up through the two holes in the platform that are there to access the lifting rings. I think they are available someplace.

Edit: found them
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2013 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by 2001SAN 2001SAN wrote:

i haven't seen a replacement on nautique parts

Darren, look harder.

Transom Cup at White Lake

Transom Cup at N3

These cups, combined with the seal on the transom and the solid (not slotted) platform make for a barrier to prevent C02 from entering the boat at low speeds.

Some have done just as you suggest- remove the cups and expose the rear lift rings for trailer tie down points.
2001SAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2001SAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2013 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Originally posted by 2001SAN 2001SAN wrote:

i haven't seen a replacement on nautique parts

Darren, look harder.

Transom Cup at White Lake

Transom Cup at N3

These cups, combined with the seal on the transom and the solid (not slotted) platform make for a barrier to prevent C02 from entering the boat at low speeds.

Some have done just as you suggest- remove the cups and expose the rear lift rings for trailer tie down points.

Doh!

And I though that I had looked at every part at white lake. How did I miss that! I guess the safety thing makes sense but at that price plus delivery I think I'll be having the other off. My crew can get used to CO2!

Thanks all,

Darren.
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing...

2001 Super Air Nautique
1989 Fairline Corniche 31

www.bannrivercruises.co.uk
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2013 at 4:54pm
Darren,

Just a quick offer for you: I take regular business trips to Ireland (Dublin, mostly). I'm not sure where you are in Ireland but if you ordered some small parts like these and had them shipped to my house I could put them in my luggage to take them to Ireland. Once there we could meet up (if you are near Dublin) or I could put it in the local post for a lot less cash than overseas shipping.

I'll likely be back in Ireland again in either late February or mid-March, depending upon a few business decisions.

Small parts only! I don't like to check luggage. :)

Kevin
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic