NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Flame Arrestor

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flame Arrestor
    Posted: February-09-2013 at 4:51pm
I'm looking for an arrestor to fit a Q'jet. Wanting to replace the damaged one on my 73.

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2013 at 4:57pm
Steve I have a Facet Zenith A175-64 Mercruiser 85785 like the one pictured here. Mine is silver.

Steve this is what mine looks like. If you want pic's let me know.
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2013 at 5:18pm
Thanks jeff, but I'm trying to keep any mfg name off it (unless Thermo Electron , or maybe Crusader)

Probably being a bit "petty".

Actually I would love DrCC's brass one , but dont think it will fit the carb.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2013 at 9:38pm
Looks like a standard 5" throat on that quadrajet. Same as all the Holley 4160's that most run. Al's arrestor would have to be oddball not to fit (dominator, etc).

I've got a few better looking ones than that zenith (ss or brass) if you don't end up grabbing al's.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2013 at 10:32pm
Tim,
I dont think Al's will fit. I tried a similar one from one of my 'cudas and the arrestor is too thick to fit between the inner carb flange lip and the casting boss for the accelerator pump lever.

the Zenith has a thin, sheet metal flange. I would love to find something with more "bling" than the Zenith. Does either your ss or brass one have this type of flange? Also anything taller would give me clearance issues.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2013 at 10:36pm
Got a picture of that carb so I can see what you're up against?
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2013 at 12:03am
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2013 at 12:49am
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

How about one of these?

http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=125114&Category_Code=flamearrgaffrig

Bruce,
That's nice. Looks like one with 2" high element is 3" overall ht.
Wonder if there are pics of the bottom?

Here are a couple of carb pics..

This is the "problem" flange area..

It wont let this style brass arrestor seat...

I suppose I could do a little "carving" of the carb casting ... might let it drop?

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2013 at 1:16am
Does it clear the fin in front of the vent tube?
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2013 at 1:21am
1 Dremel and a tube of Flitz....wah-lah!
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2013 at 3:54am
It's got a decent size lip. I can measure it and take a pic of the bottom.

oldcuda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldcuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2013 at 4:28pm
I have got one off Merc BBC w/quadrajet believe it is the same one.I will go get it and send a pic.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2013 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by oldcuda oldcuda wrote:

I have got one off Merc BBC w/quadrajet believe it is the same one.I will go get it and send a pic.

I just won two aluminum arrestors off ebay last night. Will see how these work and go from there.
Thanks!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2013 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

It's got a decent size lip. I can measure it and take a pic of the bottom.

Bruce,
What make are the manifolds on that engine? They look great and I have been looking for a set of logs for my 302.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2013 at 4:22pm
John, those are the standard logs Interceptor used on their 352,390 and 427 engines for most of the 60's. They later changed to rectangular manifolds. This picture is of a small block Ford Interceptor with the only logs I've ever seen them use on the SBF. I've seen them on ebay occationaly.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic