NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Large Eagle BF Suit

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Large Eagle BF Suit
    Posted: February-22-2013 at 1:50am
Guys,

I just took delivery on this long distance Craigslist Eagle BF suit. Unfortunately I am not quite as svelte as I once was and I don't quite fit in it, so I would like to turn it around for what I have in it. The kid's story was it was a gift to him and it was too big. He only wore it a couple times. I believe it, as it is like new, with no signs of wear at all. It is a large. I am 5-10 to 5-11 and the length was fine. My 195 lbs was just a bit much for it in the middle tho.

I've got $95 in it, so that's all I'd like, plus postage. I think it a great deal for its condition.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2013 at 5:00am
It'll fit when it's wet. Hang on to that.
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2013 at 7:58am
Do lessons come with the suit?
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2013 at 10:25am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

It'll fit when it's wet. Hang on to that.

+1

Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2013 at 11:42am
Larry if no one has inquired you about it and you still want to sell it then I GOT DIBS! I've been looking for one and that one fit's perfect with 'Miss Scarlett'
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2013 at 12:02pm
Larry, Im the same height and weight as you, and I fit into the Large Eagles too... I think the XL would be too big. Snug is the way to go!
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2013 at 12:43pm
I wear a small. My buddy that is about 200lbs and used to be a body show builder accidentally put mine on thinking it was my cousins large.

I bet you will fit when it's wet haha.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2013 at 1:16pm
I appreciate the encouraging words guys, but you weren't there for the fitting. Fortunately, not ALL of that 195 pounds is blubber. Some of it is attributed to some residual and exceptional upper body strength, left over from my days as an incredibly fit athletic machine. I applied every bit of that strength I could muster and finally got the zipper up. My wife and son, sensing this thing could blow at any minute took cover behind the sofa fearing the shrapnel from the explosion could take out an eye or remove a limb. My son, a trained fire fighter knows emergency response, and fearing the explosion and/or sensing my internal organs were starting to fail, made a quick trip to the firehouse to get the jaws of life before there were any injuries or fatalities. Fortunately, we managed to get me out of the suit without destroying it and before anyone got hurt or I expired.

Somethings are just destined not to happen.

All that being said, maybe I won't give up yet. Maybe I will give me and it a good soaking in the shower and wear it around all weekend to loosen it up. If that doesnt work, its all your's Tim Morfoot. (Unless that was a serious inquiry by Wayne, in which case he was first in line) Wayne....the suit is free with our special $95 spring lesson package.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2013 at 1:46pm
Larry, could you breathe ok once zippered up? Itll become a bit more pliable once wet (like was said above). Eagles wont require the same break in as the BI's... I dont remember mine loosening up much.

I think we're built pretty similarly- and while I'd like to try a Large Tall, I wouldnt consider an XL. On Eagle's size chart, Im well within the waist measurement for a L, but am between XL and XXL on the chest (44-46 depending on the time spent in the gym), but Im still happy with the way the L fits me.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2013 at 2:15pm
Yeah Tim, I checked the Eagle sizing chart before pulling the trigger and it seemed as if it would work. I really do want a snugger suit and my old Gladiator feels kind of like a burlap bag at this point. And like you, I am reluctant to go all the way up to a XL as I think that would hang a bit. I'll have to think about it. Its AWFULLY snug.
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2013 at 2:52pm
Sounds like it fits perfect
This is the life
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2013 at 3:22pm
Larry, I was just going to say I should have been more definitive about stating my interest. If you decide to get rid of it, I would be interested in the spring lesson package with the free suit.

By the way, I think I am in contact with the same guy about the boom...
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2013 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by dwouncmd dwouncmd wrote:

By the way, I think I am in contact with the same guy about the boom...

I assumed it was the same guy. I was a little nervous at first, sending money to a stranger, plus he was young and confessed to really knowing nothing about the whole payment, packaging, shipping cost, shipping thing, which made be even more nervous. But I walked him through it and took the chance. He let me know as soon as he got payment that he was shipping and it arrived exactly as advertised a few days later. Of course a boom is a little more complicated than a wet suit...but don't let me scare you. The boom was a pretty darn good price, too.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2013 at 6:07pm
Got that large tall KSO still. I bought an Eagle from BFC years ago on sale. Had aspirations of learning and no money to spring for a boom. This year I have a boom and can barefoot for more than 10 seconds or less ha. Suit seems to be holding up very well.
Foot_Fungus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foot_Fungus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2013 at 11:43pm
damn thats a hell of a deal... as far as size i wear a KSO eagle LG and I'm 5'11 180(34" waist slight muscular build).
'94SN Restoration underway...
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2013 at 12:29pm
Hey Larry,
I agree with everybody else. Get that sucker wet and it'll fit perfect. Give it about 2 or 3 outings and several deepwater starts before you decide to sell it.

As a reference, I've had several Eagle suits. All of them were a large except one. I thought for sure I needed an XL which is what I bought. It did turn out to be just a bit too big and I regretted it every time I put that thing on.
My latest suit is a KSO. Both Keith St. Onge and David Small told me that if I could zip it up myself the first few times out, it's too big. I swear I couldn't breathe when I put it on. That is also a large. Now it fits perfectly.
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2013 at 12:38pm
Eddie I was hoping you'd chime in here. I remember it took both John and I to zip up your new KSO. Then your head turned red and you had to jump in the water and soak for a bit.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2013 at 1:51pm
Thanks for the tips guys. I'll give it a try. Hope Wayne isn't too disappointed if I decide it will work out. Wish I could get in the water now, but I was in up to my knees this weekend on a non-skiing/boat related project and couldn't believe how fast my legs went numb.

I was talking to Lake Elmo sports the other day and said shipping was not a priority because ski season was still a ways off. He told me they were out the prior weekend. That's nuts. Even with dry suit, hands, feet and face would fall off.
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2013 at 9:06pm
I will not be too disappointed. I hope it works out for you...

I have toyed with the idea of getting back out soon, but same thing happened to me working on my dock a few days ago, numb in minutes. I have a wet suit, and gloves, but nothing for my feet and head. The air would have to be warmer for me to try.
89 SN
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2013 at 9:08pm
By the way, the guy you bought the suit from just up and quit corresponding about the boom. I think he thought it would be too much trouble to ship
89 SN
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2013 at 12:37am
Wayne:

Need a boom? I might be able to hook you up............
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2013 at 9:34am
Originally posted by Air206 Air206 wrote:

Wayne:

Need a boom? I might be able to hook you up............

Yes!

I have been looking for a boom, ever since I experienced the ease of learning on one with Larry. I tried to help quite a few people get up on skis for the first time last summer, my own kids included, and I think it would help move them along. The video of JMurph's son looking like a pro on the slalom ski was enough to convince me. And Larry has promised to help me learn to barefoot...

I am happy to continue to help you clear out your garage (or wherever it is you keep all that cool boat stuff).
89 SN
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2013 at 12:01pm
Again, Thanks for the tips guys. I took the way-too-tight suit over to the pool last night, managed to get myself in it again and jumped in. You are right. Fits perfectly. Glad I didn't give up on it, as I think I got a good suit for a great price.
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2013 at 2:18pm
Larry glad the suit now fits, but thankful for the amusing description of your initial fitting with you family! Quite a visual! I wonder if anyone was laughing? Reminded me of a time we were racing motorcycles, and a buddy came out of our trailer with a brand new white leather racing suit. He looked like Elvis! The Fat Elvis! The thing Glowed! We could not breath from laughter! We told him to roll around in the dirt! He crashed his Ducati that day, the suit looked ok, but the memory remains!
Js
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2013 at 5:21pm
When a suit fits right it will slide on the water so much easier.
Your deepwater starts will be easier so will tumble turns/ups.

I was tumbling in my BI drysuit with an eagle barefoot suit under it and my drysuit zipper caught the water every time and darn near flipped me over. A too large wetsuit does the same thing at the neck and arm openings, they will catch and torque you.

Now once you actually use the new suit it is really going to mold right to your shape and fit like a glove.

Years ago I got a barefoot suit put it on dry and got trapped in that sucker til my room mates came home and freed me.
This is the life
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2013 at 12:24am
Originally posted by GlassSeeker GlassSeeker wrote:

When a suit fits right it will slide on the water so much easier.
Your deepwater starts will be easier so will tumble turns/ups.

That's what I'm looking forward to. As I mentioned above, the old gladiator was starting to fit like a burlap bag. Looking forward to those end of run butt-glides half way down the lake like the big boys do.

I was tumbling in my BI drysuit with an eagle barefoot suit under it and my drysuit zipper caught the water every time and darn near flipped me over. A too large wetsuit does the same thing at the neck and arm openings, they will catch and torque you.

Had a sleeveless suit a hundred years ago. The neck in the back would catch on tumbles. Scarry

Years ago I got a barefoot suit put it on dry and got trapped in that sucker til my room mates came home and freed me.

Been there done that. The other night at the pool, it was pretty quiet. I had to go out to the (female) desk attendant and say "Could you help me out of this thing?" Strange, creeped out looks followed.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2013 at 10:45pm
Oh Miss? please help me out of my rubber suit

I know you don't want to think about squeezing anything else in there but the padded shorts do make your buttslides considerably more "comfortable"/easier/longer.

I'm wearing an Eagle with some Vortex padded shorts in this super buttslide/whip. David Small told me to try to sit down early in the whip and it will be faster...he was not kidding, it's like a slingshot.(be careful doing this around anything that will kill you if you hit it -ie: most things!)

This is the life
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2013 at 4:31pm
haha, awesome.
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic