Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Need Advice - Experiencing high torque (RPM) probl
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need Advice - Experiencing high torque (RPM) probl

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
sandro.zaal View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandro.zaal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Advice - Experiencing high torque (RPM) probl
    Posted: March-13-2013 at 10:56am
Hi

Im Experiencing high torque (RPM) problems with PCM 351 Pro Boss 1994 GAS. When the engine starts, the RPM goes to 1500-1800 RPM and goes down very slowly back to 1000-900 RPM. I need to wait a minute or even more to shift the gear. Sometimes I have to switch the engine off, because, it never calms down. I dont want to make some problems to gearbox.

If you know what can be a problem please let me know.

Thanks
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2013 at 12:00pm
It could be a vacuum leak, EI timing, or a fault in the fuel injection system.

I would 1st narrow it down to one of those things.

To test for vacuum, spray carb cleaner around all manifold gaskets & vacuum line connections, while engine is running. Engine will change RPM if you find a leak.

Also use a timing light to see what EI is doing.

I can't help on the Fuel Inj, other than to suggest checking pressure at the fuel rail.

Good luck.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2013 at 1:40pm
Do you have perfect pass?

Would start by checking the throttle cable, be sure it is not under pressure against the shroud, a hose, etc.

If a Pro-Tech motor, could also be the issue
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandro.zaal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2013 at 2:49pm
Thanks guys. No I dont have Perfect Pass. And engine is Pro Tech Injection.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2013 at 3:08pm
94' Pro Boss with EFI & Pro-Tech

Does this only happen after the motor get's hot, after some ski runs??
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandro.zaal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2013 at 3:15pm
Yes. Sometimes it works just fine. But, mostly not. I know the idle RPM must be around 600, but it never comes below 1000.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic