Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shower sputters with New Pump

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
thelucius View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thelucius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shower sputters with New Pump
    Posted: March-30-2013 at 4:41pm
I have a 99 PAN that I purchased 4 years ago. The shower pump did not work and I just replaced it this year. I launched the boat but the shower flow is sputtering and not very consistent. Hot and cold is fine but the water flow is not.

Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong? I searched the forums and could not find anything.

Thanks, Jeremy
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2013 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by thelucius thelucius wrote:

The shower pump did not work and I just replaced it this year. the water flow is not.
Thanks, Jeremy

Same pump brand or at least one with the same GPM? If different, some pump designs require flooded suction ends which may call for a different mounting location.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2013 at 5:44pm
Maybe an air leak on the suction side?
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
thelucius View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thelucius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2013 at 8:51pm
It is the same pump brand. How could I check to see if there is a leak on the suction side?

I talked to my nautique dealer and he said I might need a new impeller since I have not changed mine in the four years since I bought it. Could this be the issue?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2013 at 8:58pm
Jeremy,
Is the dealer saying you need a new RWP (raw water pump) impeller or the impeller for the shower pump? Is the engine cooling? You have never run the engine without water have you?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
thelucius View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thelucius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2013 at 3:23pm
Happy Easter all!

The engine is cooling just fine. I have not run the engine without water.

The dealer said the impeller I might need to replace is on the front right of the engine looking back from the helm, so I am assuming it might be the RWP. Is there a different impeller for the shower pump (separate from the pump?)?

Thanks for all of the help. Engines/Mechanics are not my strength.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2013 at 3:31pm
If the engine is cooling properly, then I don't believe there's a problem with the RWP. The dealer is "grasping at straws" thinking the RWP is pumping some air into the system. ( I'm sure he'd love to sell you an overpriced high mark up impeller too!!) Check all the hose connections on the suction side of the shower pump as mentioned. Have you checked the shower pumps rotation? The wire leads should have been clearly marked + and - but check it anyway.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic