Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Are these antique skis?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
MAN - GA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAN - GA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are these antique skis?
    Posted: April-03-2013 at 12:26pm
Found these for sale locally and thought about using them for decoration - anyone have opinions if they are worth anything or not. I didn't want to do anything to them if they were something of value. The seller is asking for best reasonable offer.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2013 at 12:30pm
Twenty bucks
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2013 at 1:01pm
I concur with HW, that's about right, maybe a little on the low side, but reasonable. You never know. I picked up one for $35 that was in much better shape than those that I have hanging no the wall. I picked up a nice combo (painted not stained, so in my mind, not as valuable) for free along the road. And last summer, I picked up a perfect set of kids wooden CGs at the dump as a guy was carrynig them over to the dumpster. I also picked up for free another more modern kids pair for free at the dump, that have a groovy holographic effect graphic on them. Old skis like that do have greater utility value than dollar value, in that they are good for decorating, good for shot skis, good for drop skis or they still make servicable combos when you got the whole gang over and want to do a group run. It cracks me up, tho, what some people on ebay think skis like that are worth. They think they have antique/collectables and ask $129 for them.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2013 at 1:04pm
If you get them and find you do not want the fins please let me know.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2013 at 1:15pm
I've got one shallow (1 - 1 1/2 inch) metal fin off my wall ski, that you can have if that does you any good.
MAN - GA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAN - GA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2013 at 1:36pm
I offered $20 as suggested, but the seller thinks they are worth $250 because they looked at Ebay Thanks for the input
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2013 at 1:41pm
OK, I guess I was low with my $129. Unless you consider two skis vs one ski, then I was pretty much right on.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2013 at 1:44pm
I like Northland Skis and have picked up 2 nice pairs for less than $50/pair on ebay. One pair were decent trick skis. Some people are just nuts and want a lot of money for crappy old skis like the ones your looking at. Seems like there are more CG skis out there than anything else. Keep looking and you'll find a nice pair for a reasonable amount.
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2013 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

If you get them and find you do not want the fins please let me know.

Hollywood,
There are some of those fins on Ebay right now.

fins
Greg

86 BFN
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2013 at 5:09pm
Well thanks for the link. I feel like I'm about to seriously over pay for some old fins but damnit. Damnit.
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2013 at 7:31pm
Those are the skis that make nice Adirondeck(sp)chairs. Then they are worth $129. You can get more modern fiberglas combos at yard sales for $50 or less. The nostalgic value of wood won't bring those to $250. A Maharaja or old O'Brien slalom maybe but not Cypress Gardens combos.
That being said I have a pair of double runner square back Aqua Riders that you can still read the $19.95 grease crayon price that i just can't part with. My family owned thenm since new.
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2013 at 10:48am
People crack me up just because its some what old they think its worth something.
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2013 at 2:25pm
$250!?!?!? My father is rich! He just needs to sell his collection of 60's and 70's wood slaloms!

Anybody ever look up while visiting Wiley's Ski Shop in Seattle? He has 100's of old slalom skis nailed up there. Kidder, Jobe, O'Brien, CG, HO, Connelly, etc... His ceiling must be worth millions! Next time I go I'll take a couple of photos to post.

Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2013 at 2:34pm
Says he based his price on a visit to ebay. He probably scrolled down and the first thing he saw was a mint Maja and figured his was just as good, in fact, he had two, not just one.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2013 at 2:42pm
He should at least be looking at ended auctions, not the silly bidless items.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2013 at 9:39am
Originally posted by skicat skicat wrote:

Hollywood,
There are some of those fins on Ebay right now.

fins

Plus, he's including the rusty screws!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2013 at 12:00am
Thank goodness my CC Gardens boat is still worth a ton of money.
footinforever11 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote footinforever11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2013 at 6:23pm
The condition of these skis don't warrant $250.00. And even if they were in good shape it wouldn't either. They aren't the more rare kind, such EL Diablo. or specific skiers, such as Alfredo Mendoza's. That said, the reason why Cypress Gardens skis sell for more than the usual wood ski are the bindings. They are very sought after in the show ski market. The rubber is soft and easy to tighten and loosen. Please don't snatch them all up.. :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic