NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Holley Carb Question

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Twothousandone View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twothousandone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Holley Carb Question
    Posted: April-14-2013 at 4:28pm
Just bought a used Holley carb on eBay. It came off a nautique with a 351w engine. It has adjustable float bowls and looks very similar to mine other than the float bowls. My question is...my fuel inlet is a screw on brass fuel fitting. The one I ordered on eBay looks to have an inlet you clamp a rubber hose onto. What will I have to do to get this to work?
cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2013 at 5:35pm
Tyler, can you post some pictures, doesn't sound like a marine carb. Should not have external float adjustments and the fuel inlet should be side hung on the primary bowl and except a hard fuel line. It should not have a hose barb.
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2013 at 6:26pm
Tyler,
I agree that the carb may not be a marine version. Jeff is correct it should not have external float adjustment and it should have a flare adapter for the fuel hard line (steel). Why did you buy it anyway? Why not just rebuild the one you have? Hopefully you didn't spend too much $$$ on it!!!! It most likely is scrap metal. Just because the seller said it came off a Nautique doesn't mean he isn't an idiot. You should have asked us first!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2013 at 7:00pm
Here is an image of a marine 4160. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twothousandone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2013 at 12:20am
I paid 66 for it shipped,comes with a rebuild kit, all kinds of fittings and parts, spare power valves, and also driveshaft packing oddly enough. So for parts its a super good deal. I guess it possibly may have been a car carb converted for marine use. It has J vent tubes in it. I rebuilt my carb last year but was having problems still. Even after I kill the engine fuel still drips into the manifold and causes a flooding situation. I replaced and bent the tang numerous times on the primary bowl, but the situation is still the same. Was going to try this one for test pretty much. I'll post picks when I get it. Thanks guys
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2013 at 12:27am
FYI, we have had reports of bad needle/seats in kits. So the problem you had last year may not be the carb's fault.

I think the Daytona kit is highly rated.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2013 at 12:47am
Here is the link to Daytona Parts, I like their kits.
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twothousandone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2013 at 1:04am
Thanks guys, maybe I'll just pop a new needle and seat in and see what happens.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2013 at 9:04am
I second the Daytona Parts kits. Their needle and seat design is the best.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic