NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

water pump...

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: water pump...
    Posted: April-28-2013 at 11:44am
I just pulled the boat out of winterstorage and everything fired up as expected. I ran it to temp no issues and shut down. I then noticed water dripping from waterpump... slowly... but still dripping. I started the boat back up and it stopped driping, it sounded great running as well. New impeller etc. Temp never exceeds 158-160. Do I need to rebuild /replace pump soon or is this just because I hooked hose up and am forcing water through engine rather than using fake-lake?
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2013 at 2:19pm
Andrew,
Did you notice where the water was coming from? The shaft seal, the cover or a hose? Get it in the lake and try it. I have seen seals dry up over lay ups but then some running and they seal up.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2013 at 11:04pm
Seemed to be a drip coming from the slot in shaft when not running hooked up to hose.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2013 at 7:31am
Originally posted by AAM196 AAM196 wrote:

Seemed to be a drip coming from the slot in shaft when not running hooked up to hose.

That would be the shaft seal so run it as mentioned and see what happens. Did you have full garden hose pressure turned on? How did you have the hose hooked up? If you have see any of the threads about running you engine on the hose, the plumbing is open to the through hull pickup see excess water will run out it. The RWP will only suck what is needed. IE: the RWP doesn't see full pressure.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic