Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cleaning Carborator while on motor

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Dadof8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dadof8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cleaning Carborator while on motor
    Posted: May-03-2013 at 11:38pm
77 Ski Tique 302 with 1.1 trans. Looks like rebuild engine with non matching exhaust risers.
Make each day on the water last as long as possible. Unless it's because the boat died. 77 Ski Tique 302 Ford
Dadof8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dadof8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2013 at 11:35pm
GlassSeeker sorry for the late reply,
Aprox 1 1/2 year ago engine run on land with hose.
Not sure how long engine run, but oil was a true milk shake.
I like your thought of head gaskets. That will be the next step. I am having issues with camera to get pictures taken Well more picture taker than camera Anyway life is getting into the way for the next week. Will update when more known. Thanks.
Make each day on the water last as long as possible. Unless it's because the boat died. 77 Ski Tique 302 Ford
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2013 at 3:42am
Ok, you are in the right forum...(I think)...what boat / engine?

Pictures.

Story on what lead up to discovery of water in the oil?

Head gasket maybe...
This is the life
Dadof8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dadof8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2013 at 2:13am
GlassSeeker, Yep I agree, and I am looking for the right forum to find answers to that concern. (It is our biggest).
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2013 at 2:08am
the water in the oil is the more pressing issue...
This is the life
Dadof8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dadof8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2013 at 2:05am
SNobsessed, Nope! Towed it out of his backyard into the garage, and pulled exhaust man tops to see if that was the cause of water in oil. Carb worked fine back 2 yrs ago, and butterfly has movement. Should I leave it be for now?
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2013 at 11:23pm
Corrosion on outside of carb matters little, as long as the linkages move freely.

Does the engine run OK?
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Dadof8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dadof8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2013 at 11:04pm
Carborator has heavy oxydation. Moisture in engine compartment while idle for almost 2 years. This may sound really stupid, but I can't convince my buddy that owns the boat to pull carb for a rebuild. He's not that stupid either, but a bit stubburn. Last time engine ran great. Can and how would I go about cleaning oxydation and rust while still keeping carb on engine?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic