Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PCM Transmission is toast

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
phDean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phDean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PCM Transmission is toast
    Posted: June-17-2013 at 10:33pm
I was informed by my local shop that my PCM 40A transmission is toast. I have a couple questions to put forth. One: should I go with a new tranny or a rebuilt (if available) If rebuilt are available can you point me in a direction to find one. And two: Is my 1990 Ski Nautique (in great shape) worth dropping $4000 into or should I sell it as is. We love this boat but are not in a great place right now to be able to put this kind of money into it without some serious thought. Thanks in advance for your help!
Love my boat!
cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2013 at 10:38pm
Contact FFM about having yours rebuilt.
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
phDean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phDean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2013 at 10:57pm
Thank you for that, I'll contact them tomorrow.
Love my boat!
phDean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phDean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2013 at 8:56pm
So I sent my tranny to FFM and paid a chunk of change for a rebuild and it doesn't work. My shop here in Reno has tried everything short of pulling it apart but to no avail. I've tried contacting FFM but get no response and now I see that their website is no longer valid. Do you guys know if they are still in business? I can find no email contact info either. Any ideas?
Love my boat!
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2013 at 8:59pm
Try a PM to Eric Lavine, he was the former owner of FFM.   Bummer that it didn't seem to work correctly, hopefully you'll get everything straightened out soon.

phDean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phDean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2013 at 9:15pm
Sent a PM to Eric. Thank you.
Love my boat!
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2013 at 9:46pm
They'll make it right, they have many happy customers on here and I'm sure they will take care of you.
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
phDean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phDean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2013 at 11:21pm
That's really good to hear! I was seeing worst case scenario in my head!
Love my boat!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic