Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wake Board Bindings Help

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
FULL-THROTTLE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FULL-THROTTLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wake Board Bindings Help
    Posted: July-03-2013 at 10:35am
Hello,

I have a 16 and 14 year old that are just getting into wakeboarding, I need recommendations on Bindings I should get them. I have 3 older boards that have the bindings with no strings and they are very difficult to get into, it is deterring the kids from trying to learn.

I have seen alot of the new bindings but have no clue what I should get them.

Thanks
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2013 at 10:56am
I just bought a pair of Ronix Kai's off of Ebay (I have a hard time rationalizing a $300 wakeboard purchase when I've got a wife & 1 year old) and after 3 weeks of using them, they are phenomenal! I've been riding since 2004 and there's always been that break in period at the beginning of the season with my feet just getting used to being strapped into bindings and I have yet to have any foot issues. Also, getting out of the board is very easy as they open up wide & allow your foot to slide right out.

Regards,
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2013 at 11:44am
Originally posted by FULL-THROTTLE FULL-THROTTLE wrote:

I have 3 older boards that have the bindings with no strings and they are very difficult to get into, it is deterring the kids from trying to learn.

Both my daughters (and former step daughter) learned how to wakeboard when they were about 10. They used my old Lrg Hyperlite bindings that I adjusted all the way out to learn on. When first doning the board I got the bindings wet and squirted a little dishwashing soap in them so their feet would slide right in. They are 17 and 14 now and still love to board and they are still using those old bindings. I'd try using the soap trick first if you haven't already.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
FULL-THROTTLE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FULL-THROTTLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2013 at 12:01pm
Good idea wiith the soap, never thought of that, thanks.
Dank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2013 at 1:11pm
A can of the gel shaving cream works really well. You'd also do alright w/any of the bindings here @ Evo http://www.evo.com/outlet-shop/wake/wakeboard-bindings/s_price-asc.aspx. Quite a few options in the $110 to $150 range, plus another 15% for the next few days (and if that ends they'll have another special soon)
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me"
ny_nautique View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2013 at 1:36pm
Yeah I used to use the shaving gel trick with my old bindings. It still sucks trying to get them off. I also shaved the little hair on the top of my feet... always had smooth feet :)

Newer binding technology is soooo much better. I haven't tried the snowboard-type bindings yet (like Hyperlite System) where the boot stays on your foot and you just strap into the binding, but I would never go back to the old style of bindings after using the newer designs.

Look for used bindings on eBay. I got some for my kids and can probably turn around and sell them for the same price next year when they outgrow them.
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2013 at 12:24am
I bought a new Hyperlite board two years ago and it came with Remix bindings. I got the XLs and they are very comfortable on my size 13s:
http://www.hyperlite.com/wakeboard-boots-remix.php

One thing to keep in mind, sometimes it winds up being a better deal to by the whole board/binding package. The above link lists at 215 and I think my whole thing with Forefront Board was under 300 as a leftover.
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2013 at 9:09am
My son's jumpers were a bear to get on and off. We've switched to hair conditioner. It seems to remain in the binding easing removal after a run.

CWB make a binding called "the hinge" which helps with on/off.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic