NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Water in oil

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Water in oil
    Posted: July-22-2013 at 11:40pm
Not happy right now.
Took my boat out Saturday to have it rubbed out and waxed. Picked it up today and was about to put it in the lake. I checked the oil and to my dismay found milky oil on the dipstick.    I know there are many ways this can occur, but do you guys have any thoughts? I did have a possible engine freeze (one night) this past winter, but have not seen any sign of a problem this summer. But, I have only put a couple of hours on the boat so far.
Thanks in advance.
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

2001SAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2001SAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2013 at 5:22am
oh dear - been there!

my knowledge is limited but there are a number of ways water could enter the block. cracked intake manifold, block, heads, exhaust manifolds (but water would have to drain through the cylinders to get into the block - I think), blown head gasket, blown manifold gasket.

are the manifolds original? was the block antifreezed or drained? if antifreezed did you drain the water first?

my block was cracked but the cracks were so fine that water didn't get into the block straight away, took a few runs before it appeared.

someone more knowledgeable will be along soon to offer a plan of action.

good luck!

d.
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing...

2001 Super Air Nautique
1989 Fairline Corniche 31

www.bannrivercruises.co.uk
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2013 at 9:44am
Someone PM'd me with the name of an engine rebuilder named CD's, located west of Grand Rapids. I apologize, but I lost that email. I am going to call them, and I want to give credit for the recommendation. Who was that who emailed me?
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic