Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1988 Martinique C/C

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ConnieLaudrdle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConnieLaudrdle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1988 Martinique C/C
    Posted: August-07-2013 at 1:24pm
Recently bought 1988 Martinique C/C wasn't in water last year..... I'm having problems finding diagrams for the engine..... there's a metal tank both in bow & width wise along stern......any ideas what they are? And I understand there's a way to check engine out of water....how exactly is the best way to do this? Thanks!!!
Connie
ny_nautique View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2013 at 5:12pm
Welcome to the CC club! Post some pictures of your boat if you can.

To start the engine you need to have water going to the intake. These engines are cooled by lake water and when you're not on the water, you need to provide cooling from a hose.

I'm not familiar with the Martinique layout but I'll assume it is similar to the others: you will find a through-hull water pickup on the bottom of your hull. Open the engine compartment and look for it aft of the engine. Follow the hose and you will find the impeller housing. Remove the hose somewhere before the impeller housing (between the pickup and the housing) and place it in a 5 gal bucket full of water on the floor of your boat or in the engine compartment if you have room.

Start her up and make sure it is sucking water from the bucket and water is exiting out the exhaust in the rear. If it isn't after 10 seconds or so, shut it off and investigate. Keep a hose in the bucket to replenish the water that is sucked through the engine.

It is not advised to put it in gear when you do this; it could damage the cutless bearing and poses a safety concern as well. Make sure you pull the pin on the Morse control and that it is in neutral. You'll be able to give it gas from the control or the throttle on the engine.

As for the 2 tanks, the only thing I can think of for the bow is fresh water... but there's nothing mentioning it in the features here. However, perhaps a previous owner retrofitted it for fishing or wakeboard ballast? Posting some pictures of it will help. I assume you're not referring to a fuel tank, and it is something else.

You should be able to find the correct manual in the Reference section in the top menu of this website.
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
ConnieLaudrdle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConnieLaudrdle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2013 at 6:00pm
Thank You! I'm having a hard time finding any info on this model.......yes the fuel tank is under the top stern "tank".. Thanks again!
Connie
89Martinique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 89Martinique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2013 at 7:23pm
Welcome to CC and owning a Martinique! I love martiniques. Very nice boat. The stern "tank" is a extra large "beverage" ice chest/cooler.    

Oh, wait. I am re-reading your post. Do you have a sink or, toilet on the C/C??
Current Boats:

1992 Supra Comp-TS6M PCM 351w HO Pro Boss Pro-Tec Ignition - Full Composite (no wood stingers!)

1989 (3rd Gen) Correct Craft Martinique B/R PCM 351w Power Plus

1984 E-Scow

Keuka Lake,
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic