NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Awesome iPad Wakeboarding App

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Awesome iPad Wakeboarding App
    Posted: August-09-2013 at 6:29pm
I just downloaded this:
http://www.wake-md.com

The App is free, then you buy each lesson. Which, could add up admittedly. Of course, you only buy them as you get to them, and I didn't have to buy many to get into new territory for myself.

The main thing that is great about this is that lesson 1 is free. And lesson 1 explains how to get up. I always knew (or for a long time have known) that staying in a squat as long as possible and not "fighting the boat" or "trying too hard to get up" where the way to go. I never fully realized why though. This App goes into a lot of details with underwater video too.

I even picked up little tips about easier ways to get in and out of bindings. I honestly didn't expect much from the earlier lessons, so I was surprised.

I think much of the material comes from Detention 2012 DVD, so if you own that, it might not be anything new. Really cool though.
ny_nautique View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2013 at 10:29pm
That picture of Murray reflected in the water is so cool.

This does seem like a good idea. There are a bunch of videos for free on Youtube too. Staying in the squat as long as you can is right, and then standing up like you're getting out of a chair is how you get pop off the wake.
Thanks for the tip. I'm gonna check it out.
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
must_dash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote must_dash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2013 at 7:58pm
Been using it for well over a year and brilliant as he shows the right way to do it then his alter-ego shows the typical mistakes
1986 Martinique - sold

When we ask for advice, we are usually looking for an accomplice.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2013 at 2:24pm
There was a lot just on basic body position. That I never really think of, but it's important.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic