Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1977 Ski Tique newbie

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Alatique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alatique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1977 Ski Tique newbie
    Posted: August-20-2013 at 1:51pm
I just bought a 1977 Ski Tique that has luckily spent most of its life in a garage. I have been spending some time online trying to find parts for it and have failed finding a couple. The passengers side bracket that holds the transom grab rail on is missing on my boat and I can't find a new one. Does anyone know where I can find one online? Also my trailer doesn't have any material on the fenders to pad the boat from impacting the fenders, what material are people using for this? And last but not least, one of my rear cushions and my front passengers seat need recovering is there a place online that sells new skins that look like the originals?
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2013 at 2:36pm
Try Christine's for the upholstery skins and maybe some of the other items. Good people.

Christines
'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2013 at 5:05pm
Do you have the guide poles on the trailer? Those do a good job of keeping you off the fenders.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2013 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by SNobsessed SNobsessed wrote:

Do you have the guide poles on the trailer? Those do a good job of keeping you off the fenders.

On some boats maybe, but that certainly wasnt the case on my Ski Tique. Theres only about an inch or so of room between the inner edge of the fender and hull on each side. With several inches of clearance between the rub rail and guide, its just not going to control width that tightly. The ones on the BFN are tight tight against the rub rail (they have some preload on them!) and theyre still not strong enough to control boat placement very precisely. They just deflect too easily. Probably why they call them "guides".
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic