Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

#2 and #3 Correct Craft trailers

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
MustangMadness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMadness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: #2 and #3 Correct Craft trailers
    Posted: April-19-2014 at 9:57am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Understandable, guys. Like I said, theres an outside chance that I could shuffle trailers around and end up with an "extra" 2001 trailer... will let you know of that transpires.

Sale pending on the #2.

#3 still available! I may be able to assist with delivery... doesnt hurt to ask.

PM sent
frydaddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frydaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2014 at 2:48pm
I have a Barracuda and for a while was using a DV trailer without success. There was one time I was trying to load the boat on a windy day and just could not do it. That day I got some damage in the fiberglass. Also, while trailing the boat you had to constantly look out your rearview mirrors to check to see if the boat was falling off. I have since replaced with a #3 trailer. Nightmare is over. I have attached pictures of the same boat with both trailers.
Frydaddy    
Frydaddy
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2014 at 10:24am
Sale pending on the #3!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2014 at 6:22pm
Bump... sale still pending on the #2. #3 still available. Would really like to see it go soon to clear the parking space for another project.    I will make a CCFan a good deal on this trailer. Again, it will be period correct for the following years/models:

All Ski Nautiques, Martiniques, Mustang 17/American Skier (17), Wildcat/Marauder/Sportsman/Riviera (17-19'), and Barracuda through 1976. Possibly others (please ask!).

It will also physically fit Ski Nautiques as late as '89, 1982-1984 Ski Tiques and Martiniques through '78, possibly others. Basically, any 17-19' non-vee hulled Correct Craft.

TRBenj@gmail.com
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2014 at 7:12pm
Ha, that was a smoking deal on that sailboat. It took some studying of our #4 a few years later to recognize the different frame shape- for a while I thought it was just the blocks that differentiated them as well.

The 3-DV is really meant for a 16-18' boat, it came under the Torino/Separator and the Freeport/SW 18. I bet you could squeeze a 19' BFN on one though- just move the bowstop forward a bit. I'd like to compare a 3dv and a #4 side by side, I bet they're pretty similar.
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2014 at 1:44pm
Maybe that 3DV would fit nicely under a BFN..... Know anyone that has one?

Bruce, you and your family seem to be a magnet for boat deals!

Let's see... The Benjamin's have CT, NY, and MA locked up, the Harts have ME,NH and VT under control..... So that leaves the rest of us with..... ah......        RI !!! Oh Great!     LOL
Old school goin back to school!
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2014 at 1:26pm
I should have looked at the pictures in the brochures, but it looked like a regular #3 to me too with the exception of the blocks for height. Still, we had a good trip going over west NH to get it and came back with a smokin' hot deal on a sail boat to boot.

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2014 at 9:36am
John, their Barracuda doesn't load nicely on the 3-DV trailer that they painstakingly restored. Its partly my fault, I had seen smaller boats fit on that trailer without any problems that I was aware of at the time, and endorsed the pair. Turns out the bunks stay a bit wider than a #2 or #3 that was typically found under the cuda, which makes it difficult to load at the ramp.

Just so the info is on the current page, I'll restate:

Sale pending on the #2.

#3 still available. Assistance with delivery may be possible- doesn't hurt to ask!

Trbenj@gmail.com
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2014 at 11:37pm
Sorry guys,
Which boat isn't fitting its trailer?

Thanks Tim! I'll keep following the posts!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2014 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by DHart DHart wrote:

Oh man Bruce... Those boatmates break my heart!.

My heart breaks when we load the boat and it falls off the bunks and chips/scratches the chines/ hull. Boat mate sounds like the best solution to me unless we can modify the #3!

I had the conversation with your father about this already, but I think the problem stems from the fact that you have a 3-DV, not a regular #3. One of the biggest differences is the shape of the frame, where the bunks run perfectly parallel instead of tapering together like a #3 would. That allowed the v-hull boats to sit on the 3-DV without their lifting strakes crossing a bunk (a recipe for hull damage). It took me a long time to notice the difference, which is pretty subtle unless you look closely. I think the result is a wider bunk width towards the front, which exacerbates your loading problems. A regular #3 or even a #2 would probably solve them, is my guess. An additional set of center bunks to facilitate loading might also be a solution!

Those Boatmates look nice... but nowhere near as nice as an original CC trailer thats been properly restored. Your 3-dv is beautiful.
DHart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2014 at 7:09pm

Oh man Bruce... Those boatmates break my heart!.

My heart breaks when we load the boat and it falls off the bunks and chips/scratches the chines/ hull. Boat mate sounds like the best solution to me unless we can modify the #3!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2014 at 6:18pm
Understandable, guys. Like I said, theres an outside chance that I could shuffle trailers around and end up with an "extra" 2001 trailer... will let you know of that transpires.

Sale pending on the #2.

#3 still available! I may be able to assist with delivery... doesnt hurt to ask.
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2014 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by JDD33 JDD33 wrote:

I'd like to get a CC trailer under the '87, I guess I should look more for a trailer that's the same age as the boat.....
Thanks Tim!

John

I guess I would say the same...
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2014 at 9:06am
John, thanks- will do! Outside chance I could rearrange trailers and get you what you're looking for... If that turns out to be in the cards, I'll let you know!

Darren, I'll send you a PM.
dip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2014 at 11:56pm
I'm looking for a #2 also. Let me know if it's available or if you know of one.
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2014 at 10:48pm
I'd like to get a CC trailer under the '87, I guess I should look more for a trailer that's the same age as the boat.....
Thanks Tim!

Let me know if you need a hand haulin trailers or a place to drop store.

John
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2014 at 10:52am
Oh man Bruce... Those boatmates break my heart!

John (and Wayne), the #3 I have listed above is a '74. I have confirmed that it shares the same frame dimensions with the '83 #3 that I have (which came under a 2001), so it will physically fit the boat. Of course, it predates the "delux" features that CC added to the #3 in '84, like the diamond plate steps and prop guard. It also has the standard 3500lb gear on it (14" wheels, 5-lug hubs) where CC went to 5k lb stuff in '86 (6-lugs, 15"). No brakes either (standard starting in '88). CC trailers were arguably overbuilt with the 5k lb gear, as most other trailers for comparable sized boats still employ the 3500lb stuff, but it's worth mentioning. I do have a few other trailers that I could maybe shuffle around, but ideally, this is the one of the bunch I'd like to see go.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2014 at 10:35am
Tim, It's all John's. We're going Boatmate.
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2014 at 9:21am
Tim, I am looking for a relatively period correct CC trailer for my 89 to replace the Eagle it is on now. If you have one or know of one...

Thanks,
Wayne
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2014 at 12:01am
Tim,
The #3 set up with a prop guard? What are you asking for it? PM me thanks!

John.

Of course After Bruce talks to Dave then talks to you!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2014 at 9:23pm
Ha, I think I know what youre thinking Bruce- let me know. And yes, I owe you $100 and plan to grab both #2's up your way... those factored into my decision to sell these ones.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2014 at 8:54pm
We might be interested in the #3.   I'll talk to Dave. Are you still interested in that $100 trailer we have? And don't forget you paid for a #2 that's up here.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2014 at 8:07pm
I apologize to anyone who inquired about these trailers... turns out the deal I had made back in Oct appears to be headed south. Strung along by another member for 6+ months, lesson learned.

Anyways, trailers are still available! Please email me for details- I'd like to find these a new home and clear up some space.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2013 at 8:48am
I will let you know in a few weeks... there is a sale pending but I have not received a deposit nor has anything been picked up.
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2013 at 10:05pm
The # 2 is still for sale ?
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
Got Tiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Got Tiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2013 at 11:00pm
Tim,
I'm perfectly fine with you selling the "Classic" trailer to someone else and apologize for not getting back to you, sooner. It really needs lots of work and my current trailer fits well, although not a CC trailer. I would use it (refurbished) to bring the Classic to the Florida reunion in March, and time to rebuild it and paint between now and then is tight. But either way, if you have a buyer, let it go.

Let me know.

UT
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2013 at 3:25pm
Sale pending on both trailers!
Got Tiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Got Tiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2013 at 11:08pm
John,

Thanks for your interest in the Tique, but I wanted bring the BBBBII for the footers and the Classic for. Riley. Only a few more 200 mile roundtrips, and I'll have the whole fleet there. I brought the Tique in 2012 and not much had changed since, but some times it is like a guy with two watches. He never knows what time it is. Thanks for being there with your family. I think we all had SOME FUN!!

Looking forward to next year.

Todd
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2013 at 10:47pm
OH ! Gotcha! I remember seeing that video!
Glad he had his BFN and the '63 there!
I'm still smiling!    
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2013 at 11:08pm
Like Chris implied, "my Tique" is meant in past tense... It now belongs to Uncle Todd- he turned it into a rocket!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic