Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Which watersport does everyone do?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Captain Nick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which watersport does everyone do?
    Posted: December-01-2013 at 4:02pm
I go slalom skiing when I get the chance to. I would like to learn wakeboarding though.
Live life to the fullest!
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2013 at 5:29pm
Barefooting, some all around skiing and the kids do the tube sometimes.
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2013 at 6:05pm
Capt..you've not been on here long but you might watch how you phrase a question like this..you might be surprised by some of the answers.

me..I agree with Steve..barefooting. But in the past I've done it all; slalom, trick, jump, kites, wakeboard (a little), tube, kneeboard, show ski....if it was done on the water I wanted to try it.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2013 at 6:18pm
Barefoot, slalmon, or show skiing
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2013 at 9:28pm
Thanks for the responses!
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2013 at 9:41pm
Kneeboarding and wakeboarding mostly. Not very good at either.
'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2013 at 11:13pm
Capt Nick, I think you will find that if you can do something being towed behind (or propelled) a boat, their will be a sub culture on here that does it. Note their is a whole section dedicated to "Ski, Ride and Foot Talk." Post a topic on a specific activity and you are sure to get a ton of information. For example, check out the "Learning to Barefoot" thread, it was started in June 2008 has postings almost daily and is up to 108 pages. Sounds like wakeboarding is of interest, start a thread, and see where it goes. My boarding skills are beginner at best, I would probably tune in to pick up some pointers... Enjoy!
OldSchoolBlue84 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2013 at 11:33pm
Kids have no interest in tubing and now into sking (training board)

Wife is awesome at salomon

Me, prefer skis. Tried salomon but had no luck this year. Sorry Paul (gun-driver) and Chris (quinner). Going to give it a try again next season. Going to try trick and wakeboard as well.
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2013 at 11:56pm
Barefoot slalom
This is the life

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2013 at 12:14am
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

Capt Nick, I think you will find that if you can do something being towed behind (or propelled) a boat, their will be a sub culture on here that does it. Note their is a whole section dedicated to "Ski, Ride and Foot Talk." Post a topic on a specific activity and you are sure to get a ton of information. For example, check out the "Learning to Barefoot" thread, it was started in June 2008 has postings almost daily and is up to 108 pages. Sounds like wakeboarding is of interest, start a thread, and see where it goes. My boarding skills are beginner at best, I would probably tune in to pick up some pointers... Enjoy!

Cool thank you for giving me the heads up their. I'll look into it.
LaurelLakeSkier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaurelLakeSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2013 at 12:45am
If you get the urge to do some barefooting while you're in Three Lakes sometime next summer, let me know.....I'm out nearly every morning. We also do a bit of hydrofoiling once or twice a week, usually later in the day.
The world is full of youth—what we need is a fountain of smart!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2013 at 2:10am
That would be cool thanks. I've never been barefooting before. This may seem silly of me but what is hydrofoiling?
Florida Inboards View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Florida Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2013 at 10:35am
Myself and my family are immersed in Three event competitive waterskiing.
Money Talks! BS Walks! and loose change rides the bus!!!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2013 at 11:45am
A lot. The tube has been long retired though.

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2013 at 12:03pm
Where do you buy a fancy rig like that HW?

I slalom and foot mostly (only been a successful footer for about a year).
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2013 at 1:03pm
Mostly slalom here but diving into the barefoot thing with the help of the guys here when I can. Wakeboarding has taken a back seat and will usually kneeboard a couple times a year along side one of my daughters some great Daddy/Daughter time. Got up on trick ski's for the first time at the CT mini so it would be cool to play around on those if I had a set. The skies the limit. Hang around these guys long enough and they will bust out an old wood chair and saucer at a gathering.

If beer drinking is a watersport then there is a lot of that too when you hang around members of this crew.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2013 at 1:08pm
sex is my 1 sport, then comes barefoot, wakeboard..and you name it...
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2013 at 2:58pm
do you have to have an observer for "you name it"?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2013 at 3:10pm
im not into it yet...but you never know!
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2013 at 3:53pm
HW can observe and report back to Quinner.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2013 at 4:00pm
Seen enough pictures of mrs kapla to confirm I would observe #1
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2013 at 4:15pm
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2013 at 4:43pm
lmfao
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic