Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fender holders

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Mike Kennedy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Kennedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fender holders
    Posted: April-29-2004 at 6:00pm
I have a 1976 Nautique. I am looking for the original chrome / zamac / stainless fender/buoy holders. I have 1 but I need 3 more. One part is flat about 2 x 1/2 and has a hole in the center. It is held in place on the inside of the boat by 2 screws. The other part is a cylindical looking piece of metal ...about 3/4 long ... the fender rope attaches to this and then you stick the round part of it into the flat piece. This allows the quick removal of the fender/buoy. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Mike Kennedy
Mike Kennedy
yellowdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2004 at 6:59pm
Mike,

First, I am no expert on on what was stock on the older boats. That said, I do not recall seeing these as an OEM item. Several folks have aftermarket 'fender loclk' similar to # 1299 DP CHR by Perko or # 11575-3 by Attwood. The ones by Perko are about 1.5 inches in diameter while the Attwood is a rectangle about 2 inches wide by 1 inch tall. On both the fender line ties to an eye that locks into the base. I am sure there are others out there.

Good Luck,

Don
Caretaker of the wife's '78 Ski Nautique
kenny g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenny g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2004 at 7:27pm
i'm with ya don.i dont think thats a stock item.
west marine,page 737 has stainless fender locks by taylor 9 bucks #132498
1-800-boating
kenny g
Mike Kennedy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Kennedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2004 at 7:32pm

I'll will re-look at Perko and Attwood. I have seen their parts that are very similar to what I am looking for ... but just a hair different. You know how it is when your'e restoring something ... I think I will just keep my eye open for vintage boat parts. Thanks for the quick reply. I appreciate it.

Mike
Mike Kennedy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic