Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fat Sac question ??

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Faceplant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fat Sac question ??
    Posted: May-18-2014 at 1:34am
With the rear seat removed I have 58" from side to side . Would like to put a rear seat fat sac in but it's side to side measurement is 63" . When filling , figure that the height would still be the same but obviously the width would only be able to expand to 58" . Has anybody tried this ? Any problems ? The reason why I want to go this route is only one fat sac as opposed to having 3 to gain the same amount of weight .
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2014 at 3:13pm
What boat? Ideally you want to have some weight up front as well or the wake becomes super steep and will start to wash out. Also, too much weight in the back and the boat will just want to push and will be hard to get up on plane. My favorite setup on my '96 was running 2 500lb sacs, one on each side of the motor box.
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
Faceplant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2014 at 11:20pm
Actually , I have one of those " OTHER " brand boats . LOL .I lurk this site regularly because most people here seem pretty sincere . It's a 1979 Ski Supreme . Only have 13" between doghouse and side of boat. I do realize that I would need to add weight to the front of boat as well . What I don't want is for the rear seat fat sac to slosh around if it is not fully filled side to side . Just trying to get ideas .
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2014 at 11:37pm
As long as the sac is tight against the sides and you fill it it won't slosh.
It's like putting a large balloon in a small box and filling it with water. If you fill it half way and shake the box it will slosh. Once you fill the space there's no sloshing.
Faceplant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2014 at 11:56pm
Kind of what I was figuring . I'll have to decide if one rear seat fat sac at 1500 lbs or two side of doghouse fat sacs at 1000 lbs . I will also add weight up front .
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic