Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Throttle Cable needs adjusting ( I think)

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
nautique_man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Throttle Cable needs adjusting ( I think)
    Posted: July-22-2014 at 10:56am
Hello guys,
One more 206 2008 problem. I'm having a hard time getting the slalom skier out of the water. When I push the throttle forward, it takes a while to engage, then seems to jump forward, ripping the rope out of the skier's hands. I'm thinking the throttle needs adjusting, but not sure how to go about it. I plan on taking the plate off at the throttle then working forward from there. Any ideas?
Susan
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2014 at 3:51am
Hmmm, I don't think that this is a linkage issue. Does it only happen when pulling a skier?
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2014 at 9:51am
Can you take a video of the linakage action, with sound? Then maybe we can help you diagnose it. Maybe you have a loose throttle position sensor or something like that.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2014 at 11:02am
You need to take the shift cable off the tranny and shift it by hand to make sure that it's engaging as it should first. Then you adjust the shift cable to the shift arm. Then you can make sure that the throttle cable is adjusted properly after the shift cable engages the tranny.
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic