Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cutting off when I turn

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
marmon77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marmon77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cutting off when I turn
    Posted: August-11-2014 at 1:09pm
1988 SN 2001 boat runs fine in a straight line but when I turn right or left boat sputters and cuts off ,straighten her up she fires back up and runs fine till I turn again. ??? Thoughts appreciated. Has fresh gas checked floats to see if they were sticking or stuck.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2014 at 4:51pm
Does it have to be a hard fast turn, like creating some g force, or any turn?

I'd be looking at all your connections for tightness. Also, worth checking to make sure no wiring is getting hung up in your helm side steering gear.
marmon77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marmon77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2014 at 10:11pm
I did some more checking and found out that my fuel pump isn't pumping fuel to the carb. I pulled the line off going from the fuel pump to the carb and turned the engine over and I didn't have any gas coming out of the fuel line. Or is there a better way to check and see? Because now after pulling carb apart and checking it I can't get it to fire unless I pour some fuel in the carb. But I'm thinking that if the pump was failing, that when I was turning (while on the water) the engine was starving for fuel and then when it was straight there was enough to keep it running.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic